ISU vs eiu on Dish as of this morning

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
You've gotta be joking, I'm in Webster county and I may well miss out, I'm willing to bet I'll have a Gophers game on FSN, if its something like bass fishing I'm going to flip though.

It will be on FSN per cyclones.com
Gophers play a night game on Saturday.

Doesn't matter if it's an overnight game. The Big Ten home games are on BTN or ESPN/ABC.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Simple solution if you have DirecTV - spend the $10 and purchase the upgraded sports pack. You will then have all the sports channels across the nation.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I just looked and on Dish, I have two channel 418s. One is for HD, and it shows the game will be on this weekend. I set my DVR, even though I'll be at the game. I hope it really is on HD.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
Or The Big XII Network.

Better work on doubling the population of the media markets in the Big XII footprint first, chief. It's really too bad that every single Big Ten team gets their games televised nationally every weekend, while ISU for instance, has to settle for Mediacom Connections, Fox College Sports (or whatever it is), or no TV at all a majority of the time.

I found it humorous in the Iowa game thread though, where one poster said he'd rather have the ISU games on the Mediacom connections channel. Right. Ask the out of state posters if they'd rather have it broadcast nationally or just in Iowa and immediate surrounding areas.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I did not know that. My wife's parents live in Ames and have DirecTV and they watch Cards games on FSN Midwest just about every day, and I do not think they have the sports package. I thought that DirecTV came standard with your regional FSN. I'm surprised they'd supplant it with CSN Chicago.

They must have the sports pack then.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
I have DishNetwork and FSN North, which is showing the Twins. But IA-ISU is listed on the first "alt" channel. I'm hopefull that I will be able to watch it there. Being in WI and getting the MSP FSN, they tend to show what the Milwaukee FSN has on the alt channels.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I have Dish network and live in Eastern IA and I cannot recieve ANY of the Fox Sports channels no matter what package I buy. I did notie that it is on channel 9518 which is one on the alternate sports channels (HD) THis is what I watched CSU- CU on last weekend.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I have DishNetwork and FSN North, which is showing the Twins. But IA-ISU is listed on the first "alt" channel. I'm hopefull that I will be able to watch it there. Being in WI and getting the MSP FSN, they tend to show what the Milwaukee FSN has on the alt channels.

Blackout rules according to DirecTV, I would assume it applies to DishNetwork as well:

If a local off–air broadcast channel (not ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX) or local cable system has rights to broadcast a game in a certain region, customers in that area will be unable to receive that game through their DIRECTV® subscription(s). If a regional sports network DIRECTV carries has local rights to broadcast a game, customers within the region can receive that game through any DIRECTV® CHOICE or SPORTS Pack subscription, which includes customers' local regional sports network(s). Customers outside of the region will receive that game through the appropriate out–of–market pro sports subscription.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So if I jsut have Fox SPorts Net (Chicago) I will not be seeing the game on Direct TV? Is that right? Sorry everyone, I'm slow.

hawkfan

Feb 18, 2009
It would just be nice if they'd let the BTN do this game....I mean, they're going to have their "gameday" crew in Ames anyway....may as well televise the game as well and make it easier for everyone.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
On Dish Network it shows our game on channel 5419 (CSNBD3). I don't know if I get that with the Silver 200 package, but I am hoping I do.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
Here are the choices I have heard so far (other than Mediacom) for Dish:

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
It would just be nice if they'd let the BTN do this game....I mean, they're going to have their "gameday" crew in Ames anyway....may as well televise the game as well and make it easier for everyone.

No way, the BTN has horrible announcers. Total homers, we'd rather have Ben Bruns call an impartial game on Mediacom Connections!!!:jimlad:

I'd definitely agree that it should just be on the BTN, but the absolute, **** poor excuse for a TV contract the Big XII has in place will not allow it.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Ugh--it's absolutely ridiculous that it's two days before the game and satellite customers (myself included) don't know whether they can get the game without paying for the sports package. They probably don't publicize it so that people will buy the sports package whether they actually need it or not. :skeptical:

This is one case where cable has an advantage over satellite.

agronclone

Jul 25, 2009
des moines
i have directv and i think that the game will be televised on some channel. if you look through the 'all channels' menu, you can see in the 600's several channels that are going to carry the game. i don't have a sport package either, but when the cubs play on comcast sportsnet plus, the game comes in. the iowa-isu game is listed on the same channel, so i am assuming (more praying to god), that we will get the game. i want to see this game in hd dang it.