ISU vs. B-C Game Thread

brinkch

Mar 25, 2006
I really wish we'd get Cory Johnson in the mix more. He plays with more intensity and has better post moves than Alex Thompson ever wants to show in a game.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I really wish we'd get Cory Johnson in the mix more. He plays with more intensity and has better post moves than Alex Thompson ever wants to show in a game.

I think Cory earned some more minutes ahead of Alex with his play tonight.

And Brackins' line was better than his game looked live

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Yeah, that place was like Carver West tonight! Sure makes it easier to get out of the parking lot though.

Hey I can't really complain about the support since I didn't go tonight. I did watch the game on tv. I find with buying a house and getting married that season tickets just wouldn't fly this year.

With that being said, it sure is a ghost town without the students. They are the heart and soul of Hilton. Sorry to all that have been there for years now, but without them it's like watching Iowa play in CHA.

Edit: Watching Iowa on a good night with their student section there.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
The students are now gone from campus.

Overall, it was a fun, relaxing game to go to. It was nice to go to a game and sit near the front of the student section and not have to stand the entire time. I really wished it was louder, since this was my parents' first impression of Hilton, but they still enjoyed themselves.

Gotta love the Free Lucca chant that still found life in the few students that were scattered around the arena. Can't wait until conference play, though...

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
The crowd was as expected. It would have been nice to see a really nice crowd with Appleton in the front row, but I guess you take what you get.

Everyone looked about the same as they have all year, except I think Diante is getting much much better.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Had a fun time tonite.. me and a couple of other guys got 3 free lucca chants going and 1 cyclone power.. was pretty sweet for not having a huge crowd

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Nice win tonight and great scoring. Good to see the Gold unis back after a year and a half layoff. Seriously think we need to wear them more. Like vs Kansas or some other rival. Maybe Nebraska.

I agree about the nice win. I disagree about the unis. I don't like them at all, and they aren't "gold"...

I think it would be good for Hubalek to do less griping at the officials when they call fouls on him. He got beat fair and square by his man a couple of times and ended up fouling, but chose to snipe at the refs.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Had a fun time tonite.. me and a couple of other guys got 3 free lucca chants going and 1 cyclone power.. was pretty sweet for not having a huge crowd

The first time I heard it over CloneZone, I thought you were saying "Lucca Free", and I got all excited that the NCAA had reversed its ruling...

Last edited:

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
OK, seriously now, I went through this entire thread just to find out who the recruit was, and it was not revealed. Can anyone at least give a hint? Williams?

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
Pretty sure it was Tyrone Appleton. Although I wasn't at the game so I couldn't tell you for sure.

There were a couple guys sitting down with Lucca where he usually sits. I'm not completely sure if it was appleton or not tho - he was wearing a ball cap, so kinda hard to see him. I should have gotten a better look while i was down there....right before a friend and I won the build-a-burger!!!! :-D