ISU visiting Colorado State Transfer Prentiss Nixon

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Seems like a good fit. He was a supporter of LE after he got fired so hopefully Larry puts in a good word

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Seems like a good fit. He was a supporter of LE after he got fired so hopefully Larry puts in a good word

6"1 off guard essentially that basically is only a scorer offensively. 36% from the field and 30% from 3 pt range. Factor in a major jump from MWC to the Big 12 and I would be astonished and confused if we extend an offer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
6"1 off guard essentially that basically is only a scorer offensively. 36% from the field and 30% from 3 pt range. Factor in a major jump from MWC to the Big 12 and I would be astonished and confused if we extend an offer.

Looks like Marquette, Butler and Xavier are interested in him and if he's a sit one play one that's actually pretty good competition

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
His 84% FT percentage indicates good potential to become a better shooter from 3 point range. Hopefully he would shoot a higher percentage if he wasn't carrying the load as the primary scoring option. I'm guessing our interest might have more to do with his defense, which is likely better than average, having played for LE. It would help Wigginton tighten up his handles if he was going up against Nixon every day in practice this summer and next season.

Reactions: cyfan21

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am not loving this BPM...

upload_2018-4-10_14-22-18.png

He seems like an average MWC player.

He would need to improve a good deal to be a super helpful Big 12 player as a senior. No problem with us looking into him, though.

Shayok certainly will be a better sit one, play one, though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Also continued to do the job on the defensive end, drawing 55 offensive fouls (a season-high five against Fresno State, Jan. 6) along with grabbing a team-best 40 steals (career-high five against New Mexico, Feb. 28) -- a staggering total of 95 turnovers created (23.4 percent of CSU’s opponent turnovers).

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

It's not always about one player. It's a pipeline. Maybe his AAU coach who coaches a ton of outstanding players ask Prohm to take a look at the kid and if he does he has another kid he will guide our way. Big Picture. Not always that small picture thinking is what builds programs.

• Optimistic
Reactions: dirtycy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's not always about one player. It's a pipeline. Maybe his AAU coach who coaches a ton of outstanding players ask Prohm to take a look at the kid and if he does he has another kid he will guide our way. Big Picture. Not always that small picture thinking is what builds programs.

He's definitely good enough to take as a stand alone player

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Also continued to do the job on the defensive end, drawing 55 offensive fouls (a season-high five against Fresno State, Jan. 6) along with grabbing a team-best 40 steals (career-high five against New Mexico, Feb. 28) -- a staggering total of 95 turnovers created (23.4 percent of CSU’s opponent turnovers).

That's an absurd amount of offensive fouls drawn. Must be great a flopping :)

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That's an absurd amount of offensive fouls drawn. Must be great a flopping :)
iowa-state-students-to-marcus-smart-you-flop.gif

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
=
obviously not the fairest comparison due to level of competition, but Korie Lucious put up those numbers at Michigan State

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Thanks for the stats. Coming from CSU, I was just thinking that Prohm is probably looking at him because he already knows how to play defense. We had a hard time getting stops last year when we needed them. With an already good mix of players, having someone that can put the ball in the hoop along with being a defensive pest is never a bad thing.

Last edited:

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

Those are impressive defensive numbers. Genuinely curious, where do you find how many offensive fouls a guy drew in a season? Is it on sports-reference?

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Prentiss shot 33% from three last year and averaged 16 ppg yet according to you he is a scrub. Meanwhile, your boy, Matt Mooney plays at a much lower level and shot 35% from three while averaging 18 ppg and he is the second coming of JJ Redick. Got it.

Fairly comparable players...