ISU @ Texas Predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
My predictions have been pretty close (I thought 24-14 Iowa, was just off by two field goals) and I'm saying it's going to be 28-10 Texas. Unless we get something going this week in practice, I can't see our current offense getting anything going against an excellent Texas defense.

Good insight BryceC. Hopefully we can put something together & catch a few breaks...

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Didn't ISU play Texas tough in '98 down in Austin??? Something like 28-21. That was 8 years ago but I still think Texas is going to blow ISU out. I watched the UT and Rice game and they were up by 45 and still throwing it alot. I think they have alot to prove and will run up the score if need be. I'm thinkin 45-7

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
41-19 Texas. Use Blythe as a decoy and pound Stevie into our right and left guards backs.

ISn't this what we have been doing the first 3 games???? Look how well that has worked. How about we use blythe as..... well..... a top notch receiver like he is and throw him the f-ing ball.

alzzzzzzzz

Sep 18, 2006
I watched the UT and Rice game and they were up by 45 and still throwing it alot. I think they have alot to prove and will run up the score if need be.

Win or lose, this is the one thing that all the big teams will do, that we won't. Other teams' coaches will continue to push. The coach of the Clones plays not to lose and will play conserative with a two-touchdown lead.

Just had to throw my .02 in.

cyclonedrew

Apr 11, 2006
ISn't this what we have been doing the first 3 games???? Look how well that has worked. How about we use blythe as..... well..... a top notch receiver like he is and throw him the f-ing ball.

If I was the coach that is what I would do. Unfortunetly I am not the coach so I was pretty much saying what I think we will do. 41-19

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Mark my words:

ISU will not lose this weekend in a blow out fashion. In fact, there won't be any blow outs all thru this year.

The reason:

Our offense will make the difference and help motivate the defense. The defense will be tremendous next year - but for now, our offense will take care of the job in big games like Texas, Nebraska and Oklahoma.

I was at the game this past weekend at Kinnick. The first half they played like Iowa doesn't belong. The story changed in the second half, but that's not any different from the previous two games. We are always up by the half time, and we just GIVE UP by the end of 3rd quarter. When we were up by 4 by the half time, I knew we will lose to Iowa somehow - it was a matter of waiting and witnessing how its done.

My prediction:

31-24 UT

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Didn't ISU play Texas tough in '98 down in Austin??? Something like 28-21. That was 8 years ago but I still think Texas is going to blow ISU out. I watched the UT and Rice game and they were up by 45 and still throwing it alot. I think they have alot to prove and will run up the score if need be. I'm thinkin 45-7

If I remember correctly, in '99 we played in Ames and the game came down to Texas kicking a field goal to win it 44-41. It was a great back and forth battle.

Coincidently, we had the same conference schedule that year, as well as UNLV and Iowa in the non-conference. Hopefully this season has a better end result.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
At the beginning of this season I predicted that we will lose at least one of the first three games, and I am glad we lost to Iowa and not UNLV or Toledo. Going into the stretch of next four games, I think it will be 2-2 - so that puts us at 4-3, the bottom 5 games of the season, we will be 4-1.

I think this is an 8-4 season folks!

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
I'm going against the majority here.

I think ISU will come out throwing the football and end up scoring quickly. Texas will struggle to run and resort to throwing a lot. I'm guessing ISU's D gets a couple of picks and we finally see our offense going full speed for the entire game.

ISU - 31 Texas - 21

Am I insane or insanely genius?

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR
Billyclone-
You taking any bets? I'll take some action with Texas and 10 points. If you are taking those kind of bets, I put you in the Insane category.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Any thoughts on score in fourth quarter alone? I predict ISU 7, Texas 0 for the fourth quarter. Not sure about the first three quarters. By the way, Nebraska had only 50 plays from scrimmage against USC. Better take advantage while the iron is hot.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
FYI: The line is moving and Texas is currently favored by 24.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
I think it really comes down to our offense. I think our defense can hold them to around 24-28 points, it's a matter of can we score? If our coaches figure out how to call plays, we might pull a 2k5 Texas A&M type performance but I doubt it. I got Texas 28-17.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
We won't move the ball, because they are big and fast, Meyer will have a hard time getting anything going.
Defensively, we will be giving up a lot of rushing yards this week because, again, they're big and fast..
We'll leave the starters in and score 1-2 meaningless touchdowns in the 4th quarter with the game way out of hand. Then Mac will tell us how great of a job the coaches did because we won the 4th quarter, maybe going so far as to call us "4th quarter champions."
Texas 49 ISU 21

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Any thoughts on score in fourth quarter alone? I predict ISU 7, Texas 0 for the fourth quarter. Not sure about the first three quarters. By the way, Nebraska had only 50 plays from scrimmage against USC. Better take advantage while the iron is hot.

I like Bryceman's thought here - it seems optimistic, based off of our lack of scoring so far this season in the fourth corner. Perhaps Mac hears the grumblings and will try to respond...

Jer - do you know if Pollard is ever on here? He's young and saavy enough that I could picture him on a message board or two.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I say Texas 28, ISU 14.... I'm giving our offense a little bit of credit saying we'll at least be able to move the ball for two touchdowns. I'm quite certain we'll get one touchdown in the first half. Second half I'm quite sure we won't actually do anything offensively, but miracles can happen. (And by miracle, I mean us scoring in the second half).