ISU outing to see Lacey and Storm vs. the Lynx

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The ISU Alumni Assocation Club of the Twin Cities will be contacting the Lynx ticket office to set up a Cyclone group rate for one of the two games the Storm will play here this summer. I am going to set this up very soon (was waiting to make sure Lacey made the team).

Before I finalize something I thought I would ask if anyone here has a preference for the Saturday game versus the Sunday game. This is will be set up primary for our local alumni but we will have it open to those from out of state like we did for the Hoiberg nights with the Timberwovles. I'll post details here later.

The two games are:
Saturday July 17 at 2:30 (Twins play the White Sox that evening)
Sunday August 1 at 6:00 (Twins play the Mariners that afternoon)

And, no, I am not doing BOTH games but I am interested in some input from WBB fans. We probably have a better chance of getting Lacey to stop by to visit fans after the game if we do it on Saturday.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
The ISU Alumni Assocation Club of the Twin Cities will be contacting the Lynx ticket office to set up a Cyclone group rate for one of the two games the Storm will play here this summer. I am going to set this up very soon (was waiting to make sure Lacey made the team).

Before I finalize something I thought I would ask if anyone here has a preference for the Saturday game versus the Sunday game. This is will be set up primary for our local alumni but we will have it open to those from out of state like we did for the Hoiberg nights with the Timberwovles. I'll post details here later.

The two games are:

And, no, I am not doing BOTH games but I am interested in some input from WBB fans. We probably have a better chance of getting Lacey to stop by to visit fans after the game if we do it on Saturday.

JULY 17th, JULY 17th, JULY 17th, JULY 17th

hawkclone11

Dec 13, 2008

The two games are:

Definitely the 17th...that way those of us out of staters won't have to hurry home for work the next morning :yes:

...and I might already have some tickets for that evening! :wink:

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well, personally, I'd like to see the "Storm," not the "Strom"...but that's just a personal preference.

:jimlad:

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
An additional consideration to think about is that the Aug 1st game will be televised on FSN North (just posted as I watch the Lynx getting beat by the Mystics).

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
August 1st. I actually prefer July 17 - unfortunately it won't fit in my schedule

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
UPDATE: Tickets for the Lynx vs. the Storm

I have contacted the Lynx ticket office and am awaiting a reply. I have asked for a group deal for the July 17 with two tiers for pricing, $30 and $15. They also have a meal ticket add on for $5 for hotdog, chips and soda that I can ask about.

I post soon on what their response is.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Re: UPDATE: Tickets for the Lynx vs. the Storm

I have contacted the Lynx ticket office and am awaiting a reply. I have asked for a group deal for the July 17 with two tiers for pricing, $30 and $15. They also have a meal ticket add on for $5 for hotdog, chips and soda that I can ask about.

I post soon on what their response is.

I have set up $30 and $15 tickets for Cyclone fans with the Lynx for the July 17 game with the Storm. These are regular $45 and $30 tickets. I will have an on line link to buy these tickets by next week. Any Cyclone using the link will get the discount and get placed in the same section. The link will be Ticketmaster but the Lynx isn't charging ticketing fee on these group tickets. I'll post the details here next week.

I have to contact the Storm and set something up with their PR folks like an autograph session for the kids with Lacey after the game.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006

I have set up $30 and $15 tickets for Cyclone fans with the Lynx for the July 17 game with the Storm. These are regular $45 and $30 tickets. I will have an on line link to buy these tickets by next week. Any Cyclone using the link will get the discount and get placed in the same section. The link will be Ticketmaster but the Lynx isn't charging ticketing fee on these group tickets. I'll post the details here next week.

I have to contact the Storm and set something up with their PR folks like an autograph session for the kids with Lacey after the game.

When you contact the Storm ask them if Aus could get at least 10 minutes of playing time for this game. I can already hear me starting a chant "AUS AUS AUS AUS":yes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

When you contact the Storm ask them if Aus could get at least 10 minutes of playing time for this game. I can already hear me starting a chant "AUS AUS AUS AUS":yes:

We do the "Aus" chant and they might think it is for Jackson or Bishop since the team is loaded with Australians (which has to cool for her).

Our Aus did play 5 minutes the other night but she hasn't scored or gotten an assist yet. Even if Lacey doesn't get many minutes the Storm will be fun to watch with Bird and Jackson.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006

We do the "Aus" chant and they might think it is for Jackson or Bishop since the team is loaded with Australians (which has to cool for her).

Our Aus did play 5 minutes the other night but she hasn't scored or gotten an assist yet. Even if Lacey doesn't get many minutes the Storm will be fun to watch with Bird and Jackson.

Then how about "LACEY LACEY LACEY LACEY"? Whatever it is, I will be there with my family.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

She got 9 minutes, 2 points, and 1 assist last night against the Sky. Seattle lost though. I imagine a group of people dressed in red and gold chanting Aus would not be misunderstood. :yes: