**ISU/Mizzou Game thread**

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I couldn't understand all the personal fouls today but oh well.... At least it gives people hope for next weeks game. Hopefully a crowd around 50,000

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah its sucks that we lost, but crap, look at our stats compared to some of this hitters we've played. We beat them in most stats. Key penalties and turnovers kill us. Imagine if we continue with this determinate and clean up those mistakes. Add a few more skill players and I think we will be a top notch team. Its sure possible. We are definitely a different team than game 1.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
How does a team only commit ONE penalty all game long?

I'll be eagerly awaiting the Mediacom replay, as we all know Stinkel and his teams' propensity to hold on the offensive line.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The Big 12 had to make up for last year "blasphemous" holding call that "cost" Missouri the win against ISU. Pretty easy to understand why we had 8 penalties and they only had 1.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
The Big 12 had to make up for last year "blasphemous" holding call that "cost" Missouri the win against ISU. Pretty easy to understand why we had 8 penalties and they only had 1.

Yeah.... Might as well kick us while we are down. Thanks Big 12. Not like you could of hid it alittle bit better then what you guys did.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I'll say. Did you know Mizzou didn't hold at ALL the entire game? Freak'n incredible...

All the Cyclone fans in the crowd were just seeing things :rolleyes:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
The tempo for that game was set in the first two drives when Banks got called for the personal foul for "excessively" throwing the Mizzou player out of bounds. We get the ball and the Mizzou defender does the SAME THING to Blythe with no call.

THAT's when I knew it was going to be a loooong day. The only thing that surprised me was that the refs didn't call a bunch of penalties on Mizzou in garbage time to even up the stat.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
finally got home from the game about an hour ago.

1. Memorial stadium for a bleacher joint is a pretty fan friendly place to watch a game. Mizzou's crowd seemed pretty subdued. For being up 14-0 early that place was the exact opposite of deafening...and i was smack dab in the mizzou season ticketholders as well. ONLY red jersey i for 100 feet in all directions.

2. Remember the ISU/IU game that had Blythe running across the middle for some receptions...where has that gone? almost every pass to him is just a slant/quick throw. UGH. Ive been privy to attend 5 games now and this dink and dunk is starting to get to me.

3.Whats up with mizzou's parking? Crimany..fortunately we had a parking pass, so we didnt have to park on the side of the road 8 miles from the stadium. Also i failed too see any crazy superfan-painted up mizzou bus/truck/whatever action. pretty tame tailgating and scenery overall. Just not a great college football evironment in my estimation.

4. Apples to Apples card game is the greatest thing of all time.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
3.Whats up with mizzou's parking? Crimany..fortunately we had a parking pass, so we didnt have to park on the side of the road 8 miles from the stadium. Also i failed too see any crazy superfan-painted up mizzou bus/truck/whatever action. pretty tame tailgating and scenery overall. Just not a great college football evironment in my estimation.

I think we don't all realize how good we have it at ISU for tailgaiting. Not many schools have a massive parking lot right outside the stadium like ISU does. I know friends and UI that tailgate in a parking garage, in a parking garage, yes in a parking garage. That is NOT tailgaiting.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
i havent been to many college football games outside of Ames, But the set up around JTS takes the cake. Ive been to Illinois and can say it wasnt bad though...however it seemed like the parking was obnly on 1 side of the stadium and went down the street for miles and miles.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

1. Memorial stadium for a bleacher joint is a pretty fan friendly place to watch a game. Mizzou's crowd seemed pretty subdued. For being up 14-0 early that place was the exact opposite of deafening...and i was smack dab in the mizzou season ticketholders as well. ONLY red jersey i for 100 feet in all directions.

2. Remember the ISU/IU game that had Blythe running across the middle for some receptions...where has that gone? almost every pass to him is just a slant/quick throw. UGH. Ive been privy to attend 5 games now and this dink and dunk is starting to get to me.

Heard there was 17000 empty seats.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I cant say it looked that empty. A late crowd to show up for sure. attendance(paid or otherwise?) was listed on the scoreboard a hair over 50,000.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

-Apples to Apples is a game
-Dink and Dunk is getting a little old, especially when you're down 14 points with 2 minutes and 1 time out left in the game...
-Parking was interesting, however we were in an actual tailgate lot, with a group of people going to town on a beer bong. One truck even had a DJ in it! However most of the tailgating got started well after the lots opened, and really was hitting it's peak about an hour before game time - as SF and I were leaving to talk to the stadium

I thought some of what they had going on was good - the entire front row of their student section was body painted, and I think it was 1 message but I couldn't read it from where I was sitting (part of it said something about Cyclones), but you really couldn't tell they were a top 25 team from the crowd. They did do the towels right though...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron