ISU Men's basketball at Creighton

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Need to get a tailgating bar set up in Omaha soon. Both teams will probably start completely new lineups from last year.

Reactions: I@ST1

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
22 messages about the Cap City league being cancelled, 3 (including this one) about ISU playing a former coach who hired the current coach. I am really surprised this hasn't gotten more discussion. Definitely will be a sold-out game.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Need to get a tailgating bar set up in Omaha soon. Both teams will probably start completely new lineups from last year.

Upstream is already out of Busch Light.

My dad has had Creighton tickets for years, so I’ve already claimed one for this game. It should be an awesome time, which, I’m sure, means it will be a 9pm tip on a snowy Tuesday.

Reactions: deadeyededric

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
22 messages about the Cap City league being cancelled, 3 (including this one) about ISU playing a former coach who hired the current coach. I am really surprised this hasn't gotten more discussion. Definitely will be a sold-out game.

Creighton sells out nearly every game, this will be a much tougher/pricier ticket than a lot of Cyclone fans assume. They get 17k a night, this is as big time a non conference environment as we've traveled to in decades. It will be eye opening for the ISU fans that still think of Creighton as a MVC team, they're big time now.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Creighton sells out nearly every game, this will be a much tougher/pricier ticket than a lot of Cyclone fans assume. They get 17k a night, this is as big time a non conference environment as we've traveled to in decades. It will be eye opening for the ISU fans that still think of Creighton as a MVC team, they're big time now.
I think most ISU fans realize Creighton's been very solid. I know I have.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think most ISU fans realize Creighton's been very solid. I know I have.

I partially agree, I think most recognize they have had success but most would scoff at the idea that they are on par or are a better program than ISU. When you start to look at facilities, fan support, game day environment (capital district) TV exposure, recruiting and on court success, it's a stretch to say we're on their level.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

The Capital District is like a mini Power and Light district that is directly across from the Century Link center, it will be cold but they have these for rent. Igloo tailgating could be fun.

8dfe0b16-859d-4be0-90e9-3d2232b48eff_image.jpg

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I partially agree, I think most recognize they have had success but most would scoff at the idea that they are on par or are a better program than ISU. When you start to look at facilities, fan support, game day environment (capital district) TV exposure, recruiting and on court success, it's a stretch to say we're on their level.
You're right it could be that.
I think if ISU fans haven't watched Greg at Creighton, they don't realize the changes he's made in coaching and tempo too. Their style has much more freedom than his style at ISU which was slow and grinding.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Is there a date/weekend this game usually falls on?

Unfortunately, no.

In 2019, Big 12/East Battle games took place Dec. 4-22.
In 2020, Nov. 29-Dec. 11.

I like the concept, but it isn't truly a battle/challenge -- the sprawling schedule makes it more like a bunch of standalone games that happen to match teams from each league. Big 12/Pac Challenge suffered from the same problem.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
You're right it could be that.
I think if ISU fans haven't watched Greg at Creighton, they don't realize the changes he's made in coaching and tempo too. Their style has much more freedom than his style at ISU which was slow and grinding.

IMO that is thanks in large part to Darian Devries. Devries was previously under Altman, and I think he sold GMAC that style of offense instead of Greg's grind to a halt, 3,456 offensive sets he had at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY