ISU makes Hot Clicks on SI!

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Wow, thanks for making it look like the best thing about ISU is our ability to riot. Congrats to you on achieving that on a national level. Really outstanding work outta you.

I know after all the **** we already get for being from Iowa that I want to add even more negative pub for my alma mater. Seriously, great work. My hat is off to you sir. Keep up the good work. Next maybe start a second website with a picture of one of our former coaches doing a line of blow off a strippers chest and call it loosegooseandcrack.com. Please continue to make ISU look like **** because it's okay if it's funny. Don't bother to think of the way it affects the image of the institution. I for one am counting the days until we'll be able to be proud that when doing a Google search for Iowa State we can bring up a website filled of disparaging satirical humor about ISU.

Reactions: DaddyMac

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Wow, thanks for making it look like the best thing about ISU is our ability to riot. Congrats to you on achieving that on a national level. Really outstanding work outta you.

I know after all the **** we already get for being from Iowa that I want to add even more negative pub for my alma mater. Seriously, great work. My hat is off to you sir. Keep up the good work. Next maybe start a second website with a picture of one of our former coaches doing a line of blow off a strippers chest and call it loosegooseandcrack.com. Please continue to make ISU look like **** because it's okay if it's funny. Don't bother to think of the way it affects the image of the institution. I for one am counting the days until we'll be able to be proud that when doing a Google search for Iowa State we can bring up a website filled of disparaging satirical humor about ISU.

wow.....**** meet cheerios?

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA

Well at least you figured it out, which is more than most Hawk fans have done, but apparently you missed the memo on the best fan bases being the ones that do not take themselves too seriously.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

internet-serious-business.jpg

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
I am one that is taking the expansion scenarios very seriously and on the ledge looking for a reason not to jump. But that craigslist ad is pretty funny and a nice diversion.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I was more angry over the video of the Mets fan grabbing the ball away from that kid

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

funny-dog-pictures-captain-serious.jpg

Reactions: LeSchmick

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I thought the Craigslist ad was great, and I am very proud of our ability to riot. The Ames PD was the villain, not the student body, and I am proud our students stood up to them.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
As an ISU fan, yea I think it's funny. As something that is going to be viewed by people who know next to nothing about ISU nationwide because it hit 'hot clicks' it makes us look like ****.

That craigslist ad has no context, and anyone who reads it outside of someone familiar with wrnl is going to view it as funny because it makes fun of Iowa State, not necessarily in a satirical manner. It's all about the context.

Just how I feel, but all kinds of people on here complains about getting no respect and being treated like the bastard child and doormat of the Big 12. This kinda thing plays into that. It propagates the problem. I bet you the next time ISU makes ESPN for football it will show a barn and field nowhere near Jack Trice. I bet that makes people outside the ISU community think we're hicks. It's the same problem.

But obviously I'm in the minority as I've been called out as being an overly serious internet tough guy, so I'm gonna go put on my fishbowl glasses and iron my tighty whities now.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
As an ISU fan, yea I think it's funny. As something that is going to be viewed by people who know next to nothing about ISU nationwide because it hit 'hot clicks' it makes us look like ****.

That craigslist ad has no context, and anyone who reads it outside of someone familiar with wrnl is going to view it as funny because it makes fun of Iowa State, not necessarily in a satirical manner. It's all about the context.

Just how I feel, but all kinds of people on here complains about getting no respect and being treated like the bastard child and doormat of the Big 12. This kinda thing plays into that. It propagates the problem. I bet you the next time ISU makes ESPN for football it will show a barn and field nowhere near Jack Trice. I bet that makes people outside the ISU community think we're hicks. It's the same problem.

But obviously I'm in the minority as I've been called out as being an overly serious internet tough guy, so I'm gonna go put on my fishbowl glasses and iron my tighty whities now.

Not going to argue with anything else because it's your opinion, but dude. it's CRAIGLIST. You realize this is a place that has casual encounters and this section (best-of-craigslist), right?

Last edited:

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Not going to argue with anything else because it's your opinion, but dude. it's CRAIGLIST. You realize this is a place that has casual encounters and this section (best-of-craigslist), right?

I think his point is not that somebody's going to search and find it on craig's list... more the fact that people email such 'funny' pictures around or send the link to spread the joke making fun of ISU.

I have to admit I mostly agree with the poster suggesting that it surely doesn't help make Iowa State seem like a great place to any potential students or student athletes.

Honestly... anybody who wants to poach one of our recruits... the coach might as well just print off the craig's list picture and show a recruit and say... like Iowa State because they play Big 12 competition... well... not for long.

Nobody other than us realize we're making a joke about ourselves... others will simply just use it against us. For all I know the picture about Nebraska and 8 Apple Turnovers referring to our game against them may have been created by their own fanbase... but I see it posted here and laugh at it at Nebraska's expense.

Am I going to get super upset about this 'making fun of ISU'... no. But the guy has a valid point and I don't think he deserves to be ripped on for his very valid opinion.