***ISU @ KU***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The Iowa State women's basketball team (15-11, 6-9 Big 12) travels to Lawrence, Kansas to take on the Kansas Jayhawks (8-18, 2-13 Big 12) on Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. Iowa State is looking for its second sweep of the Big 12 season after grabbing the first-ever sweep of West Virginia on Saturday. ISU topped Kansas 87-58 in Hilton Coliseum on Jan. 8.

Who: Iowa State at Kansas
Where: Allen Fieldhouse - Lawrence, Kansas
When: Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Seanna Johnson , Jadda Buckley , Meredith Burkhall, Bridget Carleton and Emily Durr
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP); Lyndsey Fennelly (color)
TV: ESPN3
Talent: Josh Klingler (PxP); Brenda VanLengen (color)

The worrisome stat looking at this game is 1-7, our road record. More encouraging is 3-1, our record in the last four games including a road win at WVU. Cyclones won the first meeting 87-58 taking an early lead 18-4 in the first quarter. A slow start will only encourage the Jayhawks.

Pre-game interviews with Durr and Bowe, spoke about ISU being first or last in or out of the NCAA. What does that mean? I don't see that for our #65 NCAA RPI, but if it motivates a win, I'm good. Iowa at 16-11 is thought of as a last four in at #9 and Drake 22-4, which entered the rankings at #25 projected as a #10.

Go State!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ISUalways

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Interesting fact: All our starters and all but three of our reserves come from north of I-80.

Last edited:

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Congratulations on another great win. This team now is playing about as well as I thought they could play. Maybe even sometimes they are exceeding that. I still wish they would give the subs ;;;;;;;;;;; Congratulations, Burkhall!

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Interesting fact: All our starters and all but three of our reserves come from north of I-80.
Burkhall went to DM Roosevelt, south of I-80, and she is from Urbandale. Not sure where her house is, but most of Urbandale is south of I-80. Just a small point.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

With a handful of notable exceptions, we have pretty much mostly been an upper midwest regional squad over the years. Big 12 school recruiting Big 10 country. We can sell the balmy southern climate of Ames!

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
This team right now is playing like the team I felt they could be. There is a lot of talent on this team and right now they are coming together to play some really good basketball.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
BenEClone or mred could you give me what determines an assist? I thought it was a pass to a player that then made a basket. In watching just the high lite clip I count 5 assists for Bridget yet she was only given 3 in the stat sheet. Could you clarify for me.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
With a handful of notable exceptions, we have pretty much mostly been an upper midwest regional squad over the years. Big 12 school recruiting Big 10 country. We can sell the balmy southern climate of Ames!

we used to recruit Missouri and Kansas and Southern Illinois pretty hard unfortunately losing Jack really killed us there and Bill family for some reason had shown resistance to come down and look at Players like Meeseman or others that I shall not name

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Burkhall went to DM Roosevelt, south of I-80, and she is from Urbandale. Not sure where her house is, but most of Urbandale is south of I-80. Just a small point.

Fair enough, but the point was not quibbled by others in that we attract northern players.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
we used to recruit Missouri and Kansas and Southern Illinois pretty hard unfortunately losing Jack really killed us there and Bill family for some reason had shown resistance to come down and look at Players like Meeseman or others that I shall not name

It seems when Bill hangs it up, the next coach having a southern affiliation might be a good thing.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
This team right now is playing like the team I felt they could be. There is a lot of talent on this team and right now they are coming together to play some really good basketball.
OK then, let's take it on down to Texas and beat the Longhorns then. If they do that I'll shout so loud Skunk River will flow backwards.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
OK then, let's take it on down to Texas and beat the Longhorns then. If they do that I'll shout so loud Skunk River will flow backwards.

Will be much harder after that 2nd half whoop azz your girlz gave the cow skulls.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
BenEClone or mred could you give me what determines an assist? I thought it was a pass to a player that then made a basket. In watching just the high lite clip I count 5 assists for Bridget yet she was only given 3 in the stat sheet. Could you clarify for me.
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not an expert, just a fan. My understanding is that it's a pass that leads to a field goal. After receiving the pass the shooter makes an immediate reaction toward the hoop - no set rule on steps or dribbles. It's a judgment call by the home statistician, so if I understand correctly, the KU statistician made those decisions.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Will be much harder after that 2nd half whoop azz your girlz gave the cow skulls.
Hey sorry bud but Baylor didn't have a choice. They had no business losing to them in the first place. They played the sorriest 1st half the first time that they've played all year and TX just took advantage. But BU had to win this game or relinquish their 6 year hold on the crown. Look at it like this. TX has now lost their last two games. Winning is contagious and so is losing. The Clones are winning now and the Horns are losing. Lets keep these streaks a going.

Reactions: acoustimac

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron