ISU has NOTHING to fill the void between basketball and football

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
No one followed ISU baseball enough to actually go to games, so that's not the problem.

ISU was never going to compete in baseball, so we're better off with the cost savings that can be used towards FB and MBB.
This. It's extremely hard to compete in baseball as a northern school. Just take a look at the big 12, the southern schools all are rich in history and have amazing teams but KU, KSU, and WVU are lucky to get a taste of the post season. The big ten hasn't even won the CWS since the 60s! It's a southern sport.

Plus from my contacts in the club baseball scene. ISU would rather add Hockey than Baseball. We have one of the most successful club hockey teams in the nation and our athletic deptment has looked at how Penn State went from club to varsity and were successful. That will probably not happen though because Title 9 is the main issue.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Don't worry, in just a couple of months, we'll start hearing rumblings of Jacob Park looking like an All-American QB in 7-on-7, JaQuan Bailey taking it to the next level through the improved S&C program, and Ray Lima being the real deal.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

aauummm

July is National Bison Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
It is a long void, too, more than FIVE MONTHS. Most schools have NCAA baseball, which is growing increasingly popular. We can thank Pollard's predecessor for getting rid of it, right when popularity of NCAA baseball was starting to take off.
That's OK by me, I need a break to sit back and take it easy for a few months.

Reactions: cycfan

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Aww, come on, the summer will be a blur, almost football season now!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I cancel cable from March-August. Its a wasteland of no sports.

Nothing against baseball, I enjoy going to games, but except for the playoffs I never watch them on TV

Me too. Calling and cancelling tomorrow morning.

There's enough to do outside during the Spring and Summer that make time enjoyable. Go golf, be out on the lake, grill, camp, fish, etc. Basketball is a nice hobby for those cold winter months and football is great in the fall when the summer heat cools off.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
search

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa
Can't believe how many people on here have such a hate for baseball, and especially ISU baseball. I don't follow ISU gymnastics, golf or track, but don't openly hate them and slam them and talk trash about how no one cares.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy83ag and ISUATC

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Can't believe how many people on here have such a hate for baseball, and especially ISU baseball. I don't follow ISU gymnastics, golf or track, but don't openly hate them and slam them and talk trash about how no one cares.

Happens with WBB and wrestling too. Every fanbase has plenty of trash fans that worship the NFL and **** on anything not covered on SportsCenter.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

FWIW I don't care about college baseball in general.

The spring means the water starts to warm and I get to start standing in water with a fly rod.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron