ISU Football Jerseys - Replica/Authentic

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
They're up on Cy's Locker Room now. Much better picture. Looks like they improved the quality of the jersey a little bit this year.

Nike "#52" NCAA Replica Football Game Jersey Apparel at CysLockerRoom.com

Any word on if we will see a replica of the JT jersey for sale? I'd like to purchase one of those this year instead of another replica of the home cardinal jersey.

I wish it was true. I called Cy's Locker Room and they told me no replicas of the JT Throwbacks are to be sold - said the only selling of throwback jersey was through the Auctions website for the Game Worn ones.

THIS REALLY SUCKS!!! Even in 2007 they made limited replicas of the throwbacks to the 1977 season jerseys we wore. I don't want to have to shell out $250+ (starting bid on ALL are $250 :mad:), babysit an auction, and worry about not getting the # or size I want (typically for a L or XL need to get an unpopular fan number.)

I may just get the new better looking #52 but undecided on that since I already have the #4 and #20 (yes they are in that order in my closet too, lame weed reference joke I know, I know.) Just sad on the throwback replica chance they had to make money - I know a lot of people besides myself and I'm sure a lot on this website would've bought them. The Throwback T-shirts don't do much and pretty much require explaining to anyone who isn't a diehard Cyclone fan what the T-shirt even is. Also $30-$35 is a ridiculous price for a shirt with 5 stripes on it.

Sidenote: Why do the colors of the new regular home replica jersey look SO DIFFERENT on the two websites? Cardinal looks much darker on Cy's Locker Room, very light on ISU book store.

Nike® Game Jersey - 2023812 | Iowa State University Bookstore

Reactions: RayShimley

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
They're up on Cy's Locker Room now. Much better picture. Looks like they improved the quality of the jersey a little bit this year.

Any word on if we will see a replica of the JT jersey for sale? I'd like to purchase one of those this year instead of another replica of the home cardinal jersey.

Those look great! I kinda wish now that I'd waited a couple years to get a custom jersey, but I'll have to stick with the old style that I have for awhile.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
The Throwback T-shirts don't do much and pretty much require explaining to anyone who isn't a diehard Cyclone fan what the T-shirt even is. Also $30-$35 is a ridiculous price for a shirt with 5 stripes on it.
And, I still say... a blank cardinal t-shirt, some masking tape and gold paint - and I can do up a t-shirt cheaper than $30-$35...

Last edited:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I wish it was true. I called Cy's Locker Room and they told me no replicas of the JT Throwbacks are to be sold - said the only selling of throwback jersey was through the Auctions website for the Game Worn ones.

THIS REALLY SUCKS!!! Even in 2007 they made limited replicas of the throwbacks to the 1977 season jerseys we wore. I don't want to have to shell out $250+ (starting bid on ALL are $250 :mad:), babysit an auction, and worry about not getting the # or size I want (typically for a L or XL need to get an unpopular fan number.)

I may just get the new better looking #52 but undecided on that since I already have the #4 and #20 (yes they are in that order in my closet too, lame weed reference joke I know, I know.) Just sad on the throwback replica chance they had to make money - I know a lot of people besides myself and I'm sure a lot on this website would've bought them. The Throwback T-shirts don't do much and pretty much require explaining to anyone who isn't a diehard Cyclone fan what the T-shirt even is. Also $30-$35 is a ridiculous price for a shirt with 5 stripes on it.

Sidenote: Why do the colors of the new regular home replica jersey look SO DIFFERENT on the two websites? Cardinal looks much darker on Cy's Locker Room, very light on ISU book store.

Nike® Game Jersey - 2023812 | Iowa State University Bookstore

Thanks for the info. I will hold out a glimmer of hope that they are just sandbagging on the JT replicas until after the auction to drive up prices, but I realize that's a long shot. Just seems like a real missed opportunity to make some easy money...

I thought Scheel's had the hideous Iowa throwback replicas for sale last year, so it's not like there's no precedent...

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one... The t-shirts are lame, should have made a select number of these throw back just like they did with the white ones a few years back.

That being said, it is cool they are selling the game worn outfits... just sucks that they will probably go for $300+. That's a lot of bucks.