ISU Fans: How many of you have had BAD interactions with Hawk fans?

ISU Fans: How many of you have had BAD interactions with Hawk fans?

• Total voters

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Wow, for the longest time it was Iowa with about 45-48% instate and Iowa state at 60ish%

A lot is engineering students from MN. I think there is some break on the out of state tuition. MN cannot meet the demand they have

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
monophy.gif
That's pretty accurate, Mrs. Gaggi unfortunately doesn't look like Beverly DeAngelo hwever.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Such sad stories and sorry for the dumbass hawk fans. Met my wife while she was taunting me about ISU beating Iowa and she is a huge cyclone fan, so theres that haha.

• Friendly
Reactions: Statefan10

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
hey @Nate STANley @Brodie0 @SportsFan1 what ever your new name is.... this is great... had to copy what we do here.. we all know you spend most of your day over here HIC... https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...d-the-most-negative-interactions-with.357548/
Here's a quote from one of the hok fans:

As much as I hate to say it, in the last 10 - 15 years, being ******** to opposing teams seems to be the norm. As much as I hate to say it, I've seen Iowa fans verbally assaulting older fans from other schools.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Going to Iowa City for the CyHawk game is the worst. I probably will never go to another there again after the few that I have. Never fails that some obnoxious Hawk fan throws something at you or gets in your face to or from the stadium even if you just keep your eyes forward and don't say a word to anyone.
I can't blame you but this is why a lot of them do it. Instead of encouraging people to not sell their tickets to Cyclones they resort to asshat behavior to discourage Cyclones from going to games in Kinnick. I don't like seeing hawkeyes in Trice and Hilton but I would never resort to crass and/or violent behavior toward them.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
My wife was a student at Iowa when I met her. She hates Iowa fans and has more Iowa State gear than Cy's Locker Room!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife grew up in a "tavern" hawk family. After about 5 years of marriage and attending games with me, and taking some major crap from her uncle and one time trying to give a little back and he starts cursing at her and hangs up, she looks at me and goes, "these Iowa fans are some major aholes". This was after I warned her not to give any crap to her uncle. I told her Hawkeye fans love to dish it out but can not take it in return. She told me, he's my uncle and will just take it as a joke. I watched her expressions as she called him, it was priceless. She learned to dislike hawkeye fans that day.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I’ve been physically assaulted by Iowa fans on multiple occasions both as a kid and as an adult. There must be something about rooting for the hawks that is spiritually damaging.

Reactions: Macloney

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It will be interesting to see how many UNI fans will wear their hok gear to the first game, just to be dicks.

The game we thumped Baylor with Knott playing injured, a couple of Hawk turds rolled in sitting next to us at JTS in full Flintstone regalia.

Immediately announced they were there to watch a good team beat the ***** Clowns. Loud, drunk, and obnoxious. Left early when things were not going their way. I think Iowa even had a home game that day, yet they just had to show up to be Jack wads to anyone within 30 feet of them. Mental.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It will be interesting to see how many UNI fans will wear their hok gear to the first game, just to be dicks.
What makes me real sick is that when ISU is up by 3 td's in the 3rd quarter vs UNI, their fans will just take off their Panther shirts to reveal the parakeet shirts they have on underneath.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Those of you that went to the Alamo Bowl: remember when that dude in full hok gear got on the Jumbotron? That was a pretty nasty cascade of boos.
It is so bizarre that this seems to happen everywhere. Didn't something similar happen at one of the MBB early season tournaments? I want to say Maui, but not sure.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A few years back when we played home vs. UNI and home vs. Iowa the next week, my roommates and I had a bunch of friends that went to UNI and Iowa come and stay with us both weekends. They all wore UNI gear week 1 and Iowa gear week 2. Absolutely hilarious the mental gymnastics they’d go through trying to rationalize why they didn’t look / feel stupid.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
A few years back when we played home vs. UNI and home vs. Iowa the next week, my roommates and I had a bunch of friends that went to UNI and Iowa come and stay with us both weekends. They all wore UNI gear week 1 and Iowa gear week 2. Absolutely hilarious the mental gymnastics they’d go through trying to rationalize why they didn’t look / feel stupid.
It is not that bad honestly. A lot of fan bases do this stuff. I do not get that caught up in the fandom. It wastes to much energy. ISU deserves to have some success. Hard for Iowa fans to grasp that IMO. Not sure why either. Let it go. I feel like most hawkeye fans that dish **** out are the ones that do not follow Iowa enough or have no idea about sports in general. Really annoying. ISU will find fans that do that with more successful seasons in football. When Iowa was doing well in 2015, it was so dumb seeing these "fans" appear when they were successful. I am also a CHIEFS fan and that is annoying also when there are suddenly fans everywhere when they win a superbowl.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Remember the buddy system people! Don't go anywhere by yourself in Iowa City.

I'm an umpire so I ignore verbal stuff pretty well too. Maybe I should wear my gear to the game to protect from beer cans and rocks?
This actually happened in Ames, walking from the stadium lots to my brother’s frat. No one else was around as the game was starting right then, so that probably emboldened them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron