ISU Fans: How many of you have had BAD interactions with Hawk fans?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISU Fans: How many of you have had BAD interactions with Hawk fans?

• Total voters

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I really do think Hawk fans were emboldened by ISUs horrific run in the 80s and early 90s. 15 straight years will make any fanbase cocky. But some Iowa fans took the superiority complex to new levels. Their self esteem is somehow tied to Iowa needing to be better than ISU. Any ISU success and it threatens their long held belief that Iowa should always be better than Iowa State.

I personally know a guy that I umpire with. During the 15 year stretch he was unbearable. But he got worse when ISU won 5 in a row. He felt personally violated that Iowa could lose to such a horrible program in ISU. No credit where credit was due. No respect for anyone. He wanted coaches fired any time Iowa lost to ISU from the end of the streak on, literally. And outside of talking about football he's a good guy. My dad was his mentor so he's always been like a big brother to me. But holy **** he's a prick during Hate Week.

I think this is pretty spot on, especially the personal violation aspect. The thought that Iowa State deserves media coverage. or could have fans, or....gasp....that those fans can be loud and proud of their team, personally offends many Hawkeye fans. They don't understand that what they hate in ISU fans is what we've experienced our entire lives.

More simply, they're a bunch of arrogant ******** that look down their nose on everything ISU, even if they've never had the courage to leave their hometown.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think this is pretty spot on, especially the personal violation aspect. The thought that Iowa State deserves media coverage. or could have fans, or....gasp....that those fans can be loud and proud of their team, personally offends many Hawkeye fans. They don't understand that what they hate in ISU fans is what we've experienced our entire lives.

More simply, they're a bunch of arrogant ******** that look down their nose on everything ISU, even if they've never had the courage to leave their hometown.
ToE fans will tell us we are the little brother. When in reality, that fan base is the absolute embodiment of little man syndrome.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Lots of friendly fire damage in that video. Pretty sure that a lot more Hok fans got hit with beer cans than the kid on the van who was the target. Maybe that was his plan. Get on a vehicle in the middle of Hokroach Nation and let them overthrow into each other. Nicely played.

They, as in Iowa officials, better find out who all threw those cans.

They all have better arms than Petras

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
Only been to Iowa City for the ISU game once. Walking back to my friends place after the game a truck drove by with Iowa college kids in the back they chucked full beer cans at me while driving away. All I was doing was wearing an ISU shirt walking on the sidewalk.

Outside of that, its mostly just the obnoxious need Iowa fans seem to have to yell "GO HAWKS" at anyone wearing a shirt not matching theirs. I've never understood it. It's like it boosts their ego or something for 5 seconds. I think most ISU fans are pretty realistic about the football program, and know our history is terrible. Iowa fans think they are Alabama

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Was at a bar downtown Iowa City once throwing ice at a group of guys. For no reason they got upset so I pulled out my phone so much I could start a fight without having to worry about the guy swinging at me. I ended up getting in a physical altercation and got knocked out by this Iowa fan all because I was just being a douche. Safe to say I'll never try to sell that guy insurance in the future

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No douchier fanbase in America. Niang blowing a kiss to them on their homecourt after we kicked the crap out of them will forever be one of my favorite memories in all of sports.

It’s always entertaining to me how they’ll be obnoxious ******** to everyone, but then when someone (Georges) dishes it back, they absolutely come unglued.

Reactions: exCYtable

Randy Bobandy

Sep 3, 2019
Was at a bar downtown Iowa City once throwing ice at a group of guys. For no reason they got upset so I pulled out my phone so much I could start a fight without having to worry about the guy swinging at me. I ended up getting in a physical altercation and got knocked out by this Iowa fan all because I was just being a douche. Safe to say I'll never try to sell that guy insurance in the future

Holy crap. This is absolutely hilarious. So so funny man. We have a slot open at the trailer park open mic comedy show tomorrow night. Want me to pencil you in?