ISU fans calling the Jon Miller show

mg4cy

Feb 5, 2007
Iowa
Even knowing Jon's true team affiliation....I wish Jon's show was on later, so I could catch it after work. I can't listen usually due to the 2-4 time slot. Jon does have more of a local sports ISU vs. Iowa feel (like Deace had) than M&M. M&M spend too much time on pro sports, IA Energy, Stars, baseball, etc.

'Bama Bob is one of the few segments on M&M I enjoy.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Even knowing Jon's true team affiliation....I wish Jon's show was on later, so I could catch it after work. I can't listen usually due to the 2-4 time slot. Jon does have more of a local sports ISU vs. Iowa feel (like Deace had) than M&M. M&M spend too much time on pro sports, IA Energy, Stars, baseball, etc.

'Bama Bob is one of the few segments on M&M I enjoy.

You can't fill five hours with ISU and Iowa stuff. I think Marty and Miller do a great job of mixing in local and pro sports.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I agree you cant fill 5 hours, but I wish the M&M and Jon M. times were reversed.

I don't know. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the roads for some segments of Jon's show, it might put some people to sleep. Marty and Miller are alot more entertaining and appeal to a wide audience imo...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The only problem is that they never talk about your local sports team.

I used to listen to M&M but there is no local talk there either. I don't care about the Iowa Energy or the Stars. And I really don't care about the NFL, and they never talk college.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I don't listen to millers show because I am at work, and cannot stand to listen to commercial radio. XM streaming has changed my listening habits.
Thank you. Why rip on people for not calling into a show at 2-4 in the afternoon? Some people have j.o.b.s. and don't have time other than lunch to look at anything besides work until M&M come on.

jackrabbit21

Jan 14, 2008
Cotlar and Co is the main reason I switched to Sirius. Does anyone else notice how often Cotlar simply has his facts wrong, the most recent example being when he tried to tell Caan that last year's Indy-NE AFC Championship game was played in NE! That pushed me over the edge.

I don't listen to JM much because of work but when i have tuned in I do think he makes an effort to talk Cyclones.

M&M are okay and I really enjoy the focus they put on Major Professional sports. Enough with the DSM area minor leagues though.

Again, only having one choice for sports radio in this market skews any ratings KXnO wants to throw out. I would encourage anyone who can receive the signal to try 590 out of Omaha or 810 out of KC. Unfortunately we are just far enough away to miss those signals most of the time.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Used to call into his show because I had an appointment twice a week where I left work early - which was during his show. I don't have that going on anymore so it's kind tough to call in when I'm at work.

I do like Jon's show and think he does a pretty good job covering ISU.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Jon seems like a decent guy and even goes out of his way to be nice to ISU coaches. Too bad he has alienated the rest of us by having morons like wolfgang featured on his show. The repugnant wolfgang typlifies a Cyclones view of the average hawk fan. I'm glad to hear your ratings are good but I switched to political talk last fall.

By the way, I would rather the hawks control the media as long as ISU wins the football game.

Last edited:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Jon seems like a decent guy and even goes out of his way to be nice to ISU coaches. Too bad he has alienated the rest of us by having morons like wolfgang featured on his show. The repugnant wolfgang typlifies a Cyclones view of the average hawk fan. I'm glad to hear your ratings are good but I switched to polital talk last fall.

By the way, I would rather the hawks control the media as long as ISU wins the football game.

I am only an occasional listener, meaning I stream the show when Jon posts here and says there will be some worthwhile Cyclone talk. I think he is a nice guy, and don't see the arrogance that some others here do. However, it was a big turnoff when I heard a show with "Wolfgang". I don't know if he is there to be a "persona" but he seemed to lower my IQ with each word he uttered.

Rage On

Jul 20, 2006
Sirius is the way to go. KXNO is just bad. People only listen because it is the only option for sports on celestial radio in the DSM area.

Listen to Rivals Radio, Mike and Mike, etc. and KXNO sounds like public access programming.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
What amazes me is how much this topic is rehashed time and again.

If you like him then listen to him.

If you dont' then listen to "Mac's World" or whatever crap is on.

It's really not too hard to figure out.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It's really not too hard to figure out.

It's blatantly obvious that it is difficult to figure out.

If there was a CyBookie event for the next time this would be beaten to death and the over/under was 1 week...

I'd take the under.