ISU contacted Brands

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I agree. The thought of Brands as coach, or even Gable for that matter, makes me cringe. The fact that many Cyclones fans want these guys makes me puke on myself.

I guess I never minded Gable coming here so much. It's been a few years since he's been there, but I never remember his wrestlers acting the way the current guys do. His wrestlers were indeed intense and wanted to win, but I don't remember any glaring sportsmanship issues. Sure Gable got on the refs and argue but he respects the sport and he made his guys accountable.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I say get the best coach. If we don't like them and they win I am sure we will grow to like them. We loved Chizik, We loved Gmac, so far no love back. Just get a guy that flat out get's it done.
I don't know if you have noticed but wrestlers are wired different than the rest of us. If the guy is intense and stands up for his guys (Terry Brands) then I am all for him coming to ISU.
Enough of the nice guy act. Especially in wrestling. Get a guy who can coach. I will be the first to admit I think Tom Brands is a Psycho. Not real sure about his brother. However Psycho's in wrestling are not a bad thing. This aint womens soccer. It's freakin wrestling. The only time anyone notices anyway is when you win a National title.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I say get the best coach. If we don't like them and they win I am sure we will grow to like them. We loved Chizik, We loved Gmac, so far no love back. Just get a guy that flat out get's it done.
I don't know if you have noticed but wrestlers are wired different than the rest of us. If the guy is intense and stands up for his guys (Terry Brands) then I am all for him coming to ISU.
Enough of the nice guy act. Especially in wrestling. Get a guy who can coach. I will be the first to admit I think Tom Brands is a Psycho. Not real sure about his brother. However Psycho's in wrestling are not a bad thing. This aint womens soccer. It's freakin wrestling. The only time anyone notices anyway is when you win a National title.

No, you can be an animal on the mat and classy off it. Look at Herbert of NW, and any of Cornell's wrestlers.
Coach Koll was talking on TDR to Scott Casber about Hawkeye wrstlers trying to stare him down and then shouting at him prior to the Cornell-Iowa final at the National Duals. He even said he asked Cael later, "how do you deal with this crap?"
That "crap" comes from the Brands...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
No, you can be an animal on the mat and classy off it. Look at Herbert of NW, and any of Cornell's wrestlers.
Coach Koll was talking on TDR to Scott Casber about being "stared" at and then taunted by Hawkeye wrestlers prior to the Cornell-Iowa final at the National Duals. He even said he asked Cael later, "how do you deal with this crap?"
That "crap" comes from the Brands...

Who won?

Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Honor before Victory. If I only cared about winning I'd be a hawkeye.

And that is why Iowa State does the honor before victory thing VERY well. Actually we do the honor no victory thing well. Enough of it. Lets have victory. We are such a PG university. Time to get R if not XXX.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
And that is why Iowa State does the honor before victory thing VERY well. Actually we do the honor no victory thing well. Enough of it. Lets have victory. We are such a PG university. Time to get R if not XXX.

Your post got me singing:

"I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
Until they got a hold of me
I opened doors for little old ladies
I helped the blind to see
I got no friends 'cause they read the papers
They can't be seen with me and I'm getting shot down
And I'm feeling mean
No more Mister Nice Guy
No more Mister Clean
No more Mister Nice Guy"

-- Alice Cooper

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
As Coach Rob Koll said, "If I pulled the things they do at Iowa here at Cornell, they'd have me fired."

Despite my Alice Cooper post, I am in complete agreement with you. Nice guys don't always have to finish last.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008

Hell, I'd settle for PG-13 at this point. Enough with the patty-cake! Lets grow a pair and actually WIN at something!

Reactions: Knownothing

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
Maybe I missed something, but why not Rob Koll for coach. I know he pulled out of Penn St job, but ISU is different.

Coach Koll has not even been talked to by OUR AD and I don't know why.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
That is wimpy. Family members compete with each other in every sport. The Bowdon bowl comes to mind. That is father vs. Son. There are many others. Richard Patino is now an assistant coach at Florida and will eventually square up with his old man.
It's basically a few times a year. I would compete against my brother. It's actually fun.

Competing = fun
Recruiting against each other? Not so much

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron