ISU Commit Xavier Townsend on ESPNU tonight at 8 pm

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Oh. No. He’ll be a Cyclone.
Gotcha. I guess I didn’t know the context of how you were saying it.

To motorcy’s point above, our track record at RB should be a huge asset now. It’s been proven we can produce NFL quality talent that’s up there in being as good as anybody in the country at that position.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and nrg4isu

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
That was fun to watch! Besides him wearing the towel, I think that announcer must have said "Iowa State commit" fifty times. I normally don't even think about how much programs still need to recruit guys already committed to them, but this guy I'm guessing is right up there. Hope he doesn't let anything (anyone) try to sway his commitment to us.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I talked to Greg Gaines, Rocco Becht and Bryson Rodgers (4 star recruited by BAMA, Penn st and us) and I asked them who is the best player they have faced.

They all said Xavier Townsend.

dude is a dude.
I watched a bit of the game last night and was WOW!

It reminded me of a High School Game I went to in 1974 in Birmingham when I was a kid. I saw Tony Nathan play for Woodlawn High School vs. Vestavia Hills. Nathan was all over the field on both sides of the ball that night and scored both TDs in the 14-7 Woodlawn victory: one was a long run, and the other was on an interception return. He went on to a great career at Alabama (Bryant Era) and with the Dolphins (Shula Era) in the NFL and is to this day the only player I have seen play in person in High School, College and the NFL.

I sure hope Kirby didn't talk to XT after the game!

Reactions: 2020cy

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I've never seen an ISU commit (football or basketball) show out like that on national TV before. Steve Wiltfong watched the game and came away very impressed. Wouldn't be surprised if he is our next 4*.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Xavier's team won 49-24
Thanks! Holy cow, just went back to ESPN and watched the 4th quarter replay. Xavier had 351 total yards on 18 plays for the game, plus an interception. And they took him out with over 7 minutes left to go in the game or he would have had more. Just crazy numbers!

Last edited:
Reactions: bozclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Going to be interesting who gets the carries the next few years, I'm getting excited about the young guys and Brock hasn't even really gotten his turn yet.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Going to be interesting who gets the carries the next few years, I'm getting excited about the young guys and Brock hasn't even really gotten his turn yet.
Apparently Townsend has been recruited as a slot receiver. Which would make sense why we’re going after a more traditional back in Norton.

Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron