ISU Athletics /Wrestling

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If I hear someone say time will take of everything is crazy. Tell that to my old man who hasn't seen to many great moments in ISU history over the last 55 years. Hasn't the fans of ISU waited long enough?

My vote for:...GREATEST POST EVER!!!!!!!

Say hello to your dad for me...Like him I'm a long time suffering fan!!!!

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
The wrestling singlets with the "I-State" logo look trendy and cheap. Go back to the simple block gold "I" that we wore during the glory days. It was classy and simple, and recognizable around the nation.
Rebranding is fine for football and basketball, but not wrestling...

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
The wrestling singlets with the "I-State" logo look trendy and cheap. Go back to the simple block gold "I" that we wore during the glory days. It was classy and simple, and recognizable around the nation.
Rebranding is fine for football and basketball, but not wrestling...

That will solve all of our problems.

rebelcyclone

Nov 30, 2007
Sioux County
I posted this in another thread:

How do you motivate these kids to wrestle? They wrestle so conservative and show no emotion. If losing and getting embarrassed doesn't motivate you, I question what kind of competitor you are. Nothing in life is just handed to you…you got to fight for championships and ISU doesn’t have that mentality.
Very disappointed…It seems like ISU athletics overall is content with sub par performances at best. Being the laughing stock of sports in the state doesn’t settle well with me.

Have you ever set foot on a wrestling mat? trust me just because you show emotion dosnt mean its going to help you out. I love our wrestlers style on the mat, trust me ive seen what the BRANDS style of wrestling does to young men, be thankful for the wrestling program we have, many others would love to have what we have.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
How short sighted do you have to be to pick a perfomance where our team places 3rd nationally with the youth we have, to call out the program and say we are settling for sub par performance and are a laughing stock.

I even hate it when people talk that way about the football program but don't get this upset. But picking a wrestling season where we had to work very hard to get our ducks close to in a row and calling it a laughingstock really is an immature view.

I would say your comment was making you a laughingstock if it weren't so sad a reflection on your respect for what they worked to acheive this year. Youth, Injury and the stunning move against Z were all difficult to swallow, but to look at it as a failure is just plain wrong.

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
In my opinion, like anything else, experience helps. Cael was hired right out of college, a risky move. When Cael was hired the Hawkeyes knew what a great hire it was and they brought in Brands to counter. Brands had two years experience at Virginia Tech already. Cael is a top notch wrestler and coach and each additional year of experience will put us in a position to win
championships. Shoot, we were in it this year. Cyclone wrestling is in great hands.

Reactions: 1100011CS

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
In my opinion, like anything else, experience helps. Cael was hired right out of college, a risky move. When Cael was hired the Hawkeyes knew what a great hire it was and they brought in Brands to counter. Brands had two years experience at Virginia Tech already. Cael is a top notch wrestler and coach and each additional year of experience will put us in a position to win
championships. Shoot, we were in it this year. Cyclone wrestling is in great hands.

Good points.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
How short sighted do you have to be to pick a perfomance where our team places 3rd nationally with the youth we have, to call out the program and say we are settling for sub par performance and are a laughing stock.

I even hate it when people talk that way about the football program but don't get this upset. But picking a wrestling season where we had to work very hard to get our ducks close to in a row and calling it a laughingstock really is an immature view.

I would say your comment was making you a laughingstock if it weren't so sad a reflection on your respect for what they worked to acheive this year. Youth, Injury and the stunning move against Z were all difficult to swallow, but to look at it as a failure is just plain wrong.
Wrestling is not a failure. Please point out where I say that. I just question ISU atheltics and getting over the hump. I just think attitude plays a role in this.

Last edited:

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Right now the team is very much the reflection of it's coach. Cael has always been a guy of little emotion. It seems to work very well for him. I have heard him say that it is not best for everyone. I think he has a good grasp on his own limits as a coach and has started to make adjustments, as others in this thread have pointed out. We should all be proud of the program and get ready for a great year next year!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Queso is literally using every single Wrestling related message board on the internet to continue his personal crusade against Jackson. He's been doing it for several years now. It is tiring and strange. Every single chat during Midlands/Nationals/other big events even gets hijacked to be all about Jackson. The guy has some serious issues.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Queso is literally using every single Wrestling related message board on the internet to continue his personal crusade against Jackson. He's been doing it for several years now. It is tiring and strange. Every single chat during Midlands/Nationals/other big events even gets hijacked to be all about Jackson. The guy has some serious issues.

Did anyone ever find out what he had against Jackson?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I assume Jackson stole his lunch money and/or girlfriend in Middle School and he's been plotting ever since.

Help Support Us

Become a patron