ISU at Arizona State - meet thread

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Thanks for the updates, wasn't able to watch again this week because of work. I'll be back at it next week.

Ward giving up 2 stalling calls and the match because of it is ridiculous. My thing with him all year has been he is the most dangerous wrestler in the dual when he decides to be aggressive and turns it on, but he has some kind of mental block that won't allow him to do it. Frustrating to watch him when he stands around and stalls because he is insanely explosive.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
I really hope we find out he's been sick or hurt or something. I would say someone needs to slap him around a little, but I don't want to volunteer for that job.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Long is young and learning. Unlike a MBB team that keeps making the same mistakes over and over Long is in the learning mode and is getting better. He has the talent and fire to do really good this year at nationals. As long has he keeps his confidence, I think losing a couple now that don't matter too much might be great for getting better.

I really think Long could place in the top 3 at Nationals if he puts it all together this year. I think by the time he is done at ISU he'll have a pair of NCAA Titles under his belt. Really impressed with this young talent.

cyclone1306

May 1, 2009
Long has lost 5 times. all to top 4 kids. He will beat Robles next time... no doubt in my mind.. if they wrestle again.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
Man, 125 is just lookin so tough this year, though. Nickerson, Escobedo, Robles, even Mcdonough are all looking pretty formidable.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Quick question: Wasn't Robles a Dubuque Sr. wrestler from around 03 and 04? That kid beat the hell out if the 112s in HS because he was so much stronger than them.