ISU Apparel deal?

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
With Jamie's explanation of how these contracts are written (we cannot grasp all of the fine details like uniform costs, etc.) I'm sure he believes he penned another great contract.
REALLY? Like CPR's. About the same vintage. I don't know much, but I understand the difference between K $'s and M $'s

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Lol, I basically only wear polos at work because I can't wear t-shirts :)
I used to care more about fashion, but then I had kids and they took all my money, so polos fit the price point.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
hwl

vs
animal-polo-shirts-animal-rogate-polo-shirt-white.jpg

So you're referring to material then? Dri-fit vs cotton?

I guess I don't really know because all I own are Dri-fit polos because they breathe better in the heat out here, but it seems like a ridiculously silly thing to get snooty about. But whatever floats your boat, Marshalltown.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
So you're referring to material then? Dri-fit vs cotton?

I guess I don't really know because all I own are Dri-fit polos because they breathe better in the heat out here, but it seems like a ridiculously silly thing to get snooty about. But whatever floats your boat, Marshalltown.
Marshalltown isn't called the Milan of the Midwest for nothing.

Reactions: SoapyCy

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Well if we ever switched to UA we can start using the I Will more. It's their slogan and we have the connection with Jack Trice. It a lot better than the We Are shirts I see at the bookstore. We aren't Penn State.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I'm in Missouri and I was passing through Ames a couple years ago. I stopped at a gas station, picked out an ISU ball cap and looked at the label - made in Vietnam. I'll date myself by saying this. I'm a Vietnam veteran and I'm not going to buy something made there if I can help it. I put the cap back on the rack, paid for the gas and left.

If there are ISU caps or other gear not made in Vietnam let me know where to get it.

Reactions: SC Cy

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm in Missouri and I was passing through Ames a couple years ago. I stopped at a gas station, picked out an ISU ball cap and looked at the label - made in Vietnam. I'll date myself by saying this. I'm a Vietnam veteran and I'm not going to buy something made there if I can help it. I put the cap back on the rack, paid for the gas and left.

If there are ISU caps or other gear not made in Vietnam let me know where to get it.
My Nike ISU hat was made in Vietnam. My Adidas ISU hat was made in Bangladesh. I got that at Hy Vee.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
We need a complete overall in design and apparel. We have one of the worst logos in college sports and our football uniforms are constantly in the top 10 for worst uniforms. Other schools have given full rights to a company and let them create a new logo and uniforms, we should do the same.
If this was 2006, yes. Most of the people complaining about how sucky and boring our uniforms and logos are want some flashy, flavor of the month looking thing that will look dated in six months. I'm all about alternate uniforms and such, but if you do a poor redesign just for the sake of redesign, it may well do more harm to the brand then good.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
My Nike ISU hat was made in Vietnam. My Adidas ISU hat was made in Bangladesh. I got that at Hy Vee.

Cool - I guess it isn't realistic to expect it to be made in the USA but as far as I know nobody in Bangladesh ever tried to off me so I'll go that route.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Cool - I guess it isn't realistic to expect it to be made in the USA but as far as I know nobody in Bangladesh ever tried to off me so I'll go that route.
I don't think the 12 year old kid that made that hat ever tried to off you but to each their own

Reactions: CyInDFW

cysqu1rr31

Dec 31, 2009
Ur-Bahn-Da-Le, IA
www.facebook.com
I used to work with Blythe and he said at one point during the McCarney era they were talking with Nike about the Combat jerseys when they were first starting to come out, if we'd done a little better I'm sure we would've gotten something figured out. I myself am a UA guy, just better quality, better fit. Nike had to catch up to what UA was doing in order to compete. I also worked retail for 13 years and most of the time I was at Sports Authority, UA clothing is never marked down unless it comes direct from UA. Nike, ADIDAS, etc.. all get marked down by the retailer. UA knows people will pay full price for their items...

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I used to work with Blythe and he said at one point during the McCarney era they were talking with Nike about the Combat jerseys when they were first starting to come out, if we'd done a little better I'm sure we would've gotten something figured out. I myself am a UA guy, just better quality, better fit. Nike had to catch up to what UA was doing in order to compete. I also worked retail for 13 years and most of the time I was at Sports Authority, UA clothing is never marked down unless it comes direct from UA. Nike, ADIDAS, etc.. all get marked down by the retailer. UA knows people will pay full price for their items...

Why does UA have outlets that sell carryover items for 30% off? Sports Authority was notorious for not marking things down. Look at their going out of business sale where they advertised discounts, but still had their stuff at regular retail price.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Why does UA have outlets that sell carryover items for 30% off? Sports Authority was notorious for not marking things down. Look at their going out of business sale where they advertised discounts, but still had their stuff at regular retail price.

i looked at some golf clubs during the "up to 50% off" portion of the sale and they were the same price as they always were. none of the collegiate wear was marked down either.

Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron