ISU and Iowa among least fair-weather fans in America

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
That isn't real. I'm guessing Stephen is an Iowa fan that found some picture of a IHSAA Dance Team quarterfinal. No way that is 15 minutes before a football game. Good trolling Stephen, good trolling my man.

Well considering he was at Iowa State Daily I highly doubt this theory of yours. He covered ISU.

• Useful
Reactions: CloneFan4

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
The OP started a thread that was actually complementary to Eastern Iowa CC and in less than 20 posts the Squawk dbags have turned it into a slam on attendance at Cyclone home FB games.

Someone needs to remind these jr high EICC fans that this is CYCLONEfanatic.

Home of the 2nd most Hawkeye discussion on the internet, behind only HawkeyeReport.

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Well considering he was at Iowa State Daily I highly doubt this theory of yours. He covered ISU.
Not buying it.

58767f1e5cd09192139952.gif

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah, that one is actually believable for just being a bad crowd. The first one, no way that is a Power 5 conference football game somewhere besides Lawrence, KS. No way.

At a school that has the best tailgating in the state, why would you get to your seat 15 minutes before kickoff? We don't have to take a 10 minute bus ride to the stadium, we can walk 5 minutes & be there.

No idea what a 15 minute pre-kickoff picture proves.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
At a school that has the best tailgating in the state, why would you get to your seat 15 minutes before kickoff? We don't have to take a 10 minute bus ride to the stadium, we can walk 5 minutes & be there.

No idea what a 15 minute pre-kickoff picture proves.
Gotcha, the other 15,000 were finishing up their beers before walking 5 minutes into the stadium in the 3 minutes before kickoff picture. But we're both in agreement the one missing 45,000 people supposedly 15 minutes before game time is in-fact, an IHSAA event/fake news, correct?

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Oops. Looks like fake news. Nov 19, 2016 was Texas Tech game. Take a look at the photo gallery below and notice the stands in the background, especially on the awesome AL catch, For those that have access, take a look at FS1 replay, Plenty of people in the stands, even as TV guys were doing their pre-game comments.

http://cyclones.com/galleries/?gallery=1339

• Winner
Reactions: BBHMagic

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I mean the crowds at Jack Trice are pretty impressive.

I seem to remember a lot more people attending this game... If I recall correctly, we nearly hung 70 points.

I could see the student section being sparse over a break, though. That's believable.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought you had a good engineering school.
See the post above. I thought you had a good law school for kids that can't get into Northwestern, Notre Dame, Illinois, Purdue...

Last edited:

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
I mean the crowds at Jack Trice are pretty impressive.

The guy tweeting this must never have been to a game in Ames. Of course this is the attendance 15 minutes before kickoff. The tailgating set up is so good that half the stadium can leave their tailgate and get to their seat in 15 minutes.

Reactions: CyTwins

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Gotcha, the other 15,000 were finishing up their beers before walking 5 minutes into the stadium in the 3 minutes before kickoff picture. But we're both in agreement the one missing 45,000 people supposedly 15 minutes before game time is in-fact, an IHSAA event/fake news, correct?

I think that you're trying too hard. Students definitely WERE gone. It was also cold AF out. Cold enough that Texas Tech didn't even show up. Personally, I didn't see any reason to leave the tailgate and go sit in a windy stadium 15 minutes prior to kickoff for a 2-9 team. In fact, I missed half the first quarter. Guess that makes me a bad fan, but at least I was there.