ISU ADDS COMMITTMENT

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
If you want recruiting info, I suggest you look at subscribing for a month or two. I enjoy Paul's stuff. He does, in fact, talk directly to recruits.(And they like to talk) And his pregame articles are interesting. I'm not here to promote one over another, but to simply take stuff from a site like CR or CN that has to pay a salary to collect the information, isn't right. It will penalize those of use who want that kind of service. If you don't want it, it will become public in due time and you can find out. I don't blame any subscription site from protecting information they pay someone to find.

H

HGPuck

Not to get in a big argument, but if an article is pasted onto a site like this there could be a lawsuit but I have never seen that. Trying to get a lawsuit out of something like so and so has committed to a college would be very difficult to sue against. In addition I am a member of CR and have seen seen a subscription article from ESPN's pay site posted. It was an isolated incident and was removed after awhile I think but was on there for a reasonable amount of time and honestly I remember looking later in the day and it still being there and never went back at a later date to see if it had been removed.

H

HGPuck

To echo ketelmeister, CR is a very good place to get recruiting info and what you are paying for is the articles which can be pretty interesting. For instance on the recruit this thread is about there is some info in the article that makes me see why schools are so high on him and so on.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
To echo ketelmeister, CR is a very good place to get recruiting info and what you are paying for is the articles which can be pretty interesting. For instance on the recruit this thread is about there is some info in the article that makes me see why schools are so high on him and so on.

And the video on this guy shows how tough he is to bring down. That's what Chizik seems to emphasize, yards after getting hit. This guy reminds me of Peterson of the Vikings in that regard. He's just plain tough to get on the ground. It will be fun to watch him at Iowa State. The premium sites have video on most players.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
im tired of seeing all these post about cyclonereport or *************. how bout we start talking about recruits we would like to have instead of weather something is premium info. if its premium let the moderators do their job. i hope our recruiting class will be a good one. hopefully the recruits ive listed in post #79 will come here

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I believe websites have been sued for allowing copyrighted info to be posted by it's members. I know Paul deletes copyrighted info he catches.

Can't help but notice you have a real investment in CR . . . personally, CR seems to promote recruiting information and little else. So be it . . but then again, some people enjoy stamp collecting . . .while others like free sites offering open discussion without all the threats, chest thumping (e.g. recruiting firsts), and deletions.

I have observed that this site seems to have very responsible fans who like to chit chat about ISU sports. . . I like that. I can't help but notice how dead Paul's other sites are (which is sad).

Again . . .to each their own.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Well, looks like we have some worry warts on this website now. If a name appears here, probably 99.5% it is freebie info. I do not see a problem on this website. Maybe the other two boards are copying each other. MODS do a great job of watching this board.

Any other granny comments out there about premium info?

Last edited:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
wow. what happened this weekend????did ol cyclone report announce we have
361 committments. at last count ,ol paul buddy was reporting we had 360 commitments last weekend. we must be going to have one helluva football team with
cyclone report saying we now have 361 recruits.:biglaugh::realmad::chatterbox::yes::biglaugh:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
so what about that fergusen kid that was being discussed as verbally commiting to us on thursday or friday last week? anyone know anything else on that?

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Can't help but notice you have a real investment in CR . . . personally, CR seems to promote recruiting information and little else. So be it . . but then again, some people enjoy stamp collecting . . .while others like free sites offering open discussion without all the threats, chest thumping (e.g. recruiting firsts), and deletions.

I have observed that this site seems to have very responsible fans who like to chit chat about ISU sports. . . I like that. I can't help but notice how dead Paul's other sites are (which is sad).

Again . . .to each their own.

CR certainly does not have recruiting information and little else. Also, what sites of Paul's are you talking about that are dead? The free boards?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
If I am not a premium member of a said site how do I know what is premium unless the poster says it is premium? They could have sources from the inside also.

We try and keep premium info off CF. But also remember it is in the subscribers agreement when they sign up for premium info to keep it private. They should be banned from the other site.

As for the put downs and name calling we try. If you see anything you object to, you can always report the post using the red X below in the lower left of a post and the mod team will discuss it.

ChadM is correct here, plus I have seen him drive a par 4 - so pretty much he is John Daly of CF.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You are correct about the coaching search. However that didn't stop info from being copied. Even the discovery of the final flight picking up Chizik was copied from CR and posted here minutes later, with the person who copied it making the rather outlandish claim he talked to the pilot (of course, this supposedly happened while the plane would have been in the air). Many here used it as a badge of honor for this website over CR, claiming it was discovered here first. Of course most likely didn't know they had been duped by a fellow member.

This site has flourished, and it has done so with a concerted effort to protect Paul's info and in turn CF's reputation. The urge of some to gain "cred" here by taking info from elsewhere and posting it here will always be a struggle for this site, but the steps taken to prevent that have been great. I think it's safe to say this site has joined CR in distancing themselves from the third site, and for that I say congrats.
Wahls from a non-CR subscriber I could really have fun here but let's be nice. I think it is funny that you submit tacitly that somehow CR has a great "reputation", however you feel compelled to spend time on this website pontificating on the virtues of CR "reputation"-when said rep should serve as its own defense...and advertising. If the reputation was as strong as you stipulate there certainly would be no demand for CF. However; CR's failure to deliver has created a demand that wasn't supplied by CR or CN. Lastly, you bust on CN while pretending to take the high ground, while wallowing in the mud with the other piggies-oink. Keep slinging mud, and pretending you aren't one of the piggies-oink.

BTW-nice hijack of the thread-oink.

j

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Well I've been a little busy so I'm just now getting online but I wanted to chime in a little on the differences between CR and CF and how both provide a service. Paul and I came to a mutual understanding a while ago that both sites provide a great service to the community but in different ways. Paul does a great job of providing recruiting news and analysis and CF does a great job of providing a completely free and unrestricted place for diehards to hang-out. We aren't competitors and we don't look at eachother as such. I actually even exchanged emails with Paul today talking about our respect for each other.

One thing Paul and I realized long ago was that there is plenty of room for both of us to exist in harmony. We have a large and growing fan-base and two sites can easily cater to their needs in different ways successfully. I have a full-time job so I can't follow up on all the recruiting stuff and Paul does a great job at that. I have a huge passion for creating a free and friendly place for fans to hang-out and we do a great job at providing that place.

I think there's plenty of room for both sites to coexist peacefully and hopefully everybody understands that. We do our best here on CF to only allow positive remarks towards CR and to not allow premium content to be posted. Obviously there are times when we don't know if something was learned from a premium source like CR so we can't always keep things from becoming public knowledge but we do try. There are times we've forwarded Paul info to see if it's something that shouldn't be allowed here and that's about all we can do without moderating every poster for their sources. We do our best and we've become peaceful co-existers and invite all of you to do the same.

Last edited:

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
CR certainly does not have recruiting information and little else. Also, what sites of Paul's are you talking about that are dead? The free boards?

Whatever . . . I'm glad you are pleased with CR and believe it provides all that you need. CF is my first choice.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Schwartz is a load. I saw the highlight reel of him and I think they really only tackled the guy once or twice. He just bounced off people and kept going. Not the speediest guy. But it looked like he was just a little faster than everyone else. One of those guys who doesn't lose speed when he puts on the pads. Reminded me a little of Earl Campbell. The guy has huge legs it looks like, but he can still move. He showed some quick feet also and some good moves as guys grabbed air as he eluded them. Nice commitment.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Maybe we can do some things out of the "I" with him on board in the coming years.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Maybe we should look at some of those O-lineman, he doesn't get touched a lot until he's 10-15 yards down field.