ISU ADDS COMMITTMENT

UofICy

Nov 24, 2006
No, we don't have these debates if you Moderators who do a better job of
1) deleting posts and banning posters of Obvious premium info from other sites.
2) keeping the name-calling and put-downs of other boards/sites to a minimum.

Until there is better policing by the moderators of THIS board that won't happen.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest

Until there is better policing by the moderators of THIS board that won't happen.

If I am not a premium member of a said site how do I know what is premium unless the poster says it is premium? They could have sources from the inside also.

We try and keep premium info off CF. But also remember it is in the subscribers agreement when they sign up for premium info to keep it private. They should be banned from the other site.

As for the put downs and name calling we try. If you see anything you object to, you can always report the post using the red X below in the lower left of a post and the mod team will discuss it.

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I agree 100% with Chad - we have no clue what someone's sources are, as has been discussed about 5000 times. As always, we request that everyone post their source (when possible) to avoid questions like this. A lot of a message board is speculation, as well - some of that speculation just happens to be right occasionally.

We DO want to discourage name-calling of the other sites, however. While it may be prevalent and (obviously) encouraged to make fun of CF elsewhere, we want to make sure we are above that stuff, no matter how we all might feel.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
No i thought we had added Marshall, Ferguson and now whoever this is...

Could it be Doran Guillory

Doran Guillory - Football Recruiting

It might still be the official announcement of Ferguson....who everyone was predicting earlier in the week.....

thats my guess but i hope the Mack commit comes soon, common JJ get ur done....

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
keeping the name-calling and put-downs of other boards/sites to a minimum.

I did a free week of CR sometime during the football coaching search. I would say roughly 70% of threads had deragatory posts towards CF. 5-10% of threads were about CF itself, all of them deragatory. It was very sad, pathetic really.

It seems on this board the only time CR comes up is when some premium info nazis who think Paul has rights to all Cyclone recruiting information makes a stink about it. Obviously, blatant copying of information should be stopped/prevented, but I suspect there are a lot of people on this board who have the same contacts as Paul, and there is no reason they cannot share the information they have.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I did a free week of CR sometime during the football coaching search. I would say roughly 70% of threads had deragatory posts towards CF. 5-10% of threads were about CF itself, all of them deragatory. It was very sad, pathetic really.

It seems on this board the only time CR comes up is when some premium info nazis who think Paul has rights to all Cyclone recruiting information makes a stink about it. Obviously, blatant copying of information should be stopped/prevented, but I suspect there are a lot of people on this board who have the same contacts as Paul, and there is no reason they cannot share the information they have.

70%? You are joking right? The ONLY time anyone mentions CF on CR is when recruiting info posted over there magically shows up on here 5-10 minutes later. Customers of CR pay for the inside information from Paul and other posters so why should members here get the same information for free?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

:wideeyed:Boy, did you miss the mark. There is a ton of free info flioating around. The premium is not needed to figure things out. Besides, who needs it, it is usually reported on the radio within 24 hours. Boy, did you miss the mark.:wideeyed:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'd be thrilled it was Leonard Johnson. That guy sounded like a stud.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
70%? You are joking right? The ONLY time anyone mentions CF on CR is when recruiting info posted over there magically shows up on here 5-10 minutes later. Customers of CR pay for the inside information from Paul and other posters so why should members here get the same information for free?

No, I am not joking. I believe that is an accurate estimate. It was a major factor in my decision not to continue my free trial into a real subscription. Perhaps people on that board have found new things to complain about since then.

I don't think anyone is debating that exclusive information that Paul has posted on CR should not be put on CycloneFanatic. I think where you miss is believing that only Paul has this information and that only he has the right to post it on the internet.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Before someone goes OMG H4X!! PREMIUM INFO!!! SHUN SHUN SHUN!, HERE'S HOW I FIGURED IT OUT.

Let's look at the CR homepage (page1.jpg)

Click on "details" and observe the brief description. NOTE THE PICTURE (page2.jpg)

Hitting the "football recruiting" tab, note the picture next to Schwartz (page3.jpg).

BOOM! SAME GUY!

All without premium subscriber. Maybe the reason info makes it over here is because it's POSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT FROM PICTURES. Also, if you say "An Alabama DB" in a snippet, you can probably look up our targets and find the ONE guy from ALABAMA who's a DB and is interested in us.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I would expect Jeremiah Schwartz or Cedric Mack as the commit just from guessing free info. Mack visited Bass today. He is a roadgrader.

I still think Cedric mack will commit to us also.

The pool of potential commits is less than a hundred names, so it is not too hard to figure out. Scout is usually a week behind rivals.

Last edited:

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
Before someone goes OMG H4X!! PREMIUM INFO!!! SHUN SHUN SHUN!, HERE'S HOW I FIGURED IT OUT.

Let's look at the CR homepage (page1.jpg)

Click on "details" and observe the brief description. NOTE THE PICTURE (page2.jpg)

Hitting the "football recruiting" tab, note the picture next to Schwartz (page3.jpg).

BOOM! SAME GUY!

All without premium subscriber. Maybe the reason info makes it over here is because it's POSSIBLE TO FIGURE OUT FROM PICTURES. Also, if you say "An Alabama DB" in a snippet, you can probably look up our targets and find the ONE guy from ALABAMA who's a DB and is interested in us.

Or you could click *view imgage* and it says jeremiahschwartz.jpg

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006

That comment was really uncalled for and is simply not true. I started as a subscriber to the cyclone rivals’ site even before the Paul Clark administration (Cyclone Illustrated?), when Paul was just the anonymous "clarks," so I’ve been reading these sites for quite a while and have some perspective on this. The moderators here try their best to keep the atmosphere positive and to keep premium info off the boards. Indeed, they do a fantastic job.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
This is exactly why I quit subscribing to those sites. All you have to do is wait literally hours and you can get it for free on CF. Waste of money in my opinion. Just think if all the money directed at CN and CR over the past 10 years was directed at ISU athletics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron