ISU a 37.5 point favorite over MVSU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Isn’t this the team Royce almost lost to? For that reason I’m always leery about them ;)

In all seriousness, as much as I’ve heard our shooting has been bad all preseason, I’ll take any win.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
holy cow! I will the road team to cover. First real game, lots of new guys probably struggle for awhile but then pour it on after halftime. I say they win by 30.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Isn’t this the team Royce almost lost to? For that reason I’m always leery about them ;)

In all seriousness, as much as I’ve heard our shooting has been bad all preseason, I’ll take any win.

Yes, I think it was something like 54-52 and I think it was the last game before the conference season started. And that was right after getting housed by Drake in the infamous "Royce wasn't sweating enough" game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yes, I think it was something like 54-52 and I think it was the last game before the conference season started. And that was right after getting housed by Drake in the infamous "Royce wasn't sweating enough" game.

It was going on while we were driving home from Memphis after the first liberty bowl. One game I was glad to be following only over my phone.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
31.6 favorite on Bart Torvik

99% win expectation

I expect tonight to look a little janky at times, under stage lights for the first time.

I predict CF will panic about that.
Like the 2017 Emporia St exhibition game panic?

I predict CF will meltdown over any commentary critical of poor play.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones423

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Also, from what I can tell they are replacing 3/5 of their starting lineup like us

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If we get up by several I expect a lot of experimention. I would bet my house, the neighbors house, and your house on The Delta Devils to cover.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Like the 2017 Emporia St exhibition game panic?

I predict CF will meltdown over any commentary critical of poor play.

I predict there is not much serious to learn from a game against such an obviously overmatched opponent like this. Oregon State will be more telling.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I predict there is not much serious to learn from a game against such an obviously overmatched opponent like this. Oregon State will be more telling.
Only if you’re defining learning as knowing exactly what the season will become.

Granted, a blowout against an overmatched team can be deceiving, but a struggle against what should be an overmatched team is often informative. You could tell that major improvement was needed in that 2017 game. It’s not sufficient in predicting the win-loss record, but no single game is, including one like Oregon St.