ISR March to Madness thread

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
C Willy and Ross were discussing Drake vs Iowa neutral court/NCAA tourney.
Chris said he can find out what the Vegas line would be (TBD) but Ross thinks Iowa would be only favored by 3 or 4, and they both agree Iowa is a 3 seed at worst.

NorthEnder

Jan 28, 2021
C Willy and Ross were discussing Drake vs Iowa neutral court/NCAA tourney.
Chris said he can find out what the Vegas line would be (TBD) but Ross thinks Iowa would be only favored by 3 or 4, and they both agree Iowa is a 3 seed at worst.

I think Iowa would be an 8 or 9 point favorite on a neutral court against Drake.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
ISU fans are chomping at the bit for Drake to overtake Iowa in NET. I actually predict it will happen at some point.
IMO, Drake isn't nearly as good as Iowa even if the NET has them close.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Good game tonight by Iowa despite the loss. It was always gonna be a tough game, but to be back and forth and even in the lead for moments of the game without your 3rd best player is damn impressive.

And mad props to mad Fran. Leaving Jorbo in the game for so long and allowing him to take bad shot after bad shot despite playing some of the worst individual defense i have ever seen, man does that take guts as a coach. And another gutsy call to have Tony Perkins in the game for such a crucial stretch in the 2nd half with the game teetering in the balance. As a fan, I fail to understand why Tony needs playing time in such big moments, considering the 1 point, 1 rebound averages he boasts, but again, that is why Fran makes the big bucks.

11 points for Conner tonight. New career high? Too bad Pat could squeeze into the box score.

• Haha
Reactions: SECyclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Good game tonight by Iowa despite the loss. It was always gonna be a tough game, but to be back and forth and even in the lead for moments of the game without your 3rd best player is damn impressive.

And mad props to mad Fran. Leaving Jorbo in the game for so long and allowing him to take bad shot after bad shot despite playing some of the worst individual defense i have ever seen, man does that take guts as a coach. And another gutsy call to have Tony Perkins in the game for such a crucial stretch in the 2nd half with the game teetering in the balance. As a fan, I fail to understand why Tony needs playing time in such big moments, considering the 1 point, 1 rebound averages he boasts, but again, that is why Fran makes the big bucks.

11 points for Conner tonight. New career high? Too bad Pat could squeeze into the box score.

Hopefully wrestling will still happen on Sunday and we'll put 10 Illini faces into the mat for 2 hours.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
ISU fans are chomping at the bit for Drake to overtake Iowa in NET. I actually predict it will happen at some point.

lol. You really think ISU fans are paying attention to NET right now? I mean, we’re pretty much bystanders at this point. I guess I made some money on the Illini tonight but that’s the only reason I was watching.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

NorthEnder

Jan 28, 2021
B1G and Big 12 in new AP Poll.

2- Baylor
4- Michigan
6- Texas
7- Ohio State
8- Iowa
9- Oklahoma
12- Illinois