Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
"Unless company is coming"..

Do you all (especially you married folks) really go around showing company your bedrooms? I mean unless your company is significantly more fun than the company im thinking. I know i dont exactly go wandering into people's bedrooms when i visit their home

And no, the only time i make my bed is after washing everything or if the sheets ended up completely off the bed somehow.

Generally, company doesn't wander into our bedroom.

But women are irrational, and feel that if their home doesn't look like a Better Homes & Gardens photoshoot whenever people come into their home, that they will be negatively judged by said people, and this includes my wife. Therefore she undergoes unnecessary house cleaning procedures when company comes. This includes making the bed.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
1) Our master bedroom is huge (at least for what I am used to), so to make use of the space, my wife's office (desk, computer, and credenza) is in the master bedroom. So when my wife and her friends have to go look something up on Pinterest, they usually go in there.

2) We recently renovated our master bed and bath, so new guests often like to see how it turned out.

"looking something up on Pinterest"...sure, yep, that's what they're doing in there with the door closed.

th

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Re: Do you make your bed every day? (Poll)

BTW. if your wife or SO makes your bed for you that should still count as a yes for the purposes of this poll.
Then yes. I won't really called it "made". More that the covers are at least pulled up and spread out. We're not real tidy about it. If it was just me it would be a resounding NO.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
Married and it is never made (only after washing sheets). Both my wife and I never see the point when we are the only ones who see the thing. Also she works night and usually there is always someone in the bed.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My bed was made by a company - I think in North Carolina. So, no, I didn't make my bed.

But it still seems to be kind of hanging together, so yes, my bed is made every day.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I do it when I anticipate guests in my house or when I leave town for the weekend so I don't come home to a messy room..otherwise nope.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I hate getting into a bed that wasn't made after the last night. A made bed just feels nicer when you get in it at night.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Married,35 years, make bed everyday. Work is work, so it doesn't matter who makes it. If it bothers you, you make it.
I smooth out bottom sheet, pull up and smooth out top sheet, pull up and smooth out blanket. The decorative bed spread is not used unless she has company coming, but yes bed is made. Made bed everyday as a kid, and in the military, 12 years, its a discipline and a habit. If you want the bed made take 2 minutes and do it, what is the big deal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron