Is the Mobile Pass worth it?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I don't have time to dig up an old thread but has anyone got them, and are they actually worth it? 20 bucks more and I don't have to mess with it.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I don't have time to dig up an old thread but has anyone got them, and are they actually worth it? 20 bucks more and I don't have to mess with it.

My wife and I enjoyed the pass for a few years. If you don't care where you sit then it's not a bad deal. If you can get assigned seats for 20 more, then that's not bad either.

You did get one lower level seat per season so that helped.

If I had the money this year I might do it again.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I have two younger kids and a fair weather fan of a wife ..... So the last two years they have worked out great for us. We really haven’t had a bad seat yet. But once the weather gets cold it usually ends up just my son and myself going and the cost saving I they are I’m not as upset when my wife and daughter don’t want to go..... it was a great step up from doing the hillside tickets.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We did them last year, and had decent seats the whole way through. It was actually kind of entertaining watching the games from different perspectives. And if we sat next to drunk & obnoxious fans (like our last 2-3 years of reserved seats), we knew we wouldn't have to sit next to the same jerks the next game. :)

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
We did it for the past 2 years. Totally worth it. We did it because we were planning to get season tickets eventually. This allowed us to really determine what we liked. We got seated a lot in the new south bowl, section 25 & 18. Iowa game was section G.

Overall not bad. If we didn’t buy season tickets we’d still be doing the mobile passes. The price is worth it.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
We purchased a set last year to use as extras for people that are not able to attend all the games and didn't want to purchase season tickets. It works perfectly fine and our ticket locations were acceptable. It is a low cost entry point to hopefully get a few people to purchase season tickets. We did it again this year to keep as extras.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Can you sell your ticket if you can't make a game?
You can transfer it, but you don't know the seats until the day before the game so it ends up being a very short-notice process.

Agree with it being short notice but instead of transferring with the system, we would screen shot the ticket on our phone and text it. Much easier and never had an issue.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
You can transfer it, but you don't know the seats until the day before the game so it ends up being a very short-notice process.

I'd also caution against transferring the day of. I tried to do this with a friend for the UNI game last year, and the busy cell service around the service wasn't exactly accommodating.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I'd also caution against transferring the day of. I tried to do this with a friend for the UNI game last year, and the busy cell service around the service wasn't exactly accommodating.
We had one game where it was difficult to get the ticket to display on the phone. We went to the ticket office and they helped us out with it.
We learned to load up the pic at home first, so that it was easier to recall it when we got there. We would also make sure the phone was fully charged (that was an oops we saw from someone else - by the time they got to the Mobile pass entry, their phone had gone dead).

• Useful
Reactions: Cycsk

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I learned to screen shot mine anyway I had a couple times somehow the web browser all of a sudden refreshed as we were going to head into the stadium and the cell service was a wreck and I couldn’t get the tickets to come back up and had to jump inside the tickets office and get on their WiFi to get them to come back up. That’s about the only hiccup we’ve had.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
You're better at tech than I am. Are you doing this on an I phone or a Samsung (droid)?

I’ve used both iPhone and an android phone. Just open the ticket on your phone in the mobile app, screen shot the ticket and then send via text, dm, or any other messenging service.

I screen shot every ticket right away when it’s available anyway due to poor service at the stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdways432

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
"Screen shot" - that's my issue. :oops:

However, I just asked PapaLew if he knew how & he said yes, and thanked you for the tip. He's better at the phone stuff than me, but I can run rings around him in spreadsheets. :D

• Friendly
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We had one game where it was difficult to get the ticket to display on the phone. We went to the ticket office and they helped us out with it.
We learned to load up the pic at home first, so that it was easier to recall it when we got there. We would also make sure the phone was fully charged (that was an oops we saw from someone else - by the time they got to the Mobile pass entry, their phone had gone dead).

Yeah, I had a scare before the Iowa game, but I got it loaded properly before kickoff. Always made sure I had the barcodes pulled up before leaving home.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
It was real easy to use the email feature to send tickets when I had to sell UNI. If you forget to take a picture and can’t get them to load at the stadium ISU set it up so you can get the internet in the ticket office, just go in load the tickets and you are set.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We did them last year, and had decent seats the whole way through. It was actually kind of entertaining watching the games from different perspectives. And if we sat next to drunk & obnoxious fans (like our last 2-3 years of reserved seats), we knew we wouldn't have to sit next to the same jerks the next game. :)
Sorry about that. :oops: