Is McDermott done recruiting for 2010?

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Mac can't be done recruiting simply because of all the transfers that have happened every spring you never know what may happen. Thou I hope that the transfer thing is about over its kinda getting old

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I like something like this:
C- Hamilton, Vanderbeeken
F- Gilstrap, Dendy, Railey
F- Ejim, Boozer
G-Colvin, DG, Buckley, Palo
G-Phillips, Christopherson, Oliver

I don't think Dendy will be a good enough post-presence to start and play major minutes. I still see him being an energy guy off the bench. Gilstrap rebounds well enough to play the 4 position and I read in a scouting report that Ejim is a great defender that can guard bigger players. I just think we are in trouble if Dendy or Jamie are starting.

Last edited:

Block920

Apr 13, 2006
I think that the criticism of DG is completely unfair as he is 3rd in the conference in assists and 10th in assist to turnover ratio, along with a much improved 3pt shot (.379) along with 8 and half points a game. While colvin's assists have come up so have his minutes and turnovers however here's an odd fact: we have done better when colvin is more careless with the ball

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I think the past couple of games, we have been the best offensively when both Colvin and DG are in the game and Colvin brings the ball up the floor, allowing DG to come off some screens and play off the ball. Plus, Colvin is a lot better at feeding the post.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think that the criticism of DG is completely unfair as he is 3rd in the conference in assists and 10th in assist to turnover ratio, along with a much improved 3pt shot (.379) along with 8 and half points a game. While colvin's assists have come up so have his minutes and turnovers however here's an odd fact: we have done better when colvin is more careless with the ball

That's because most of Colvins TOs are aggressive. He doesn't turn the ball over on a lazy pass at the top of the key. He turns it over on a pass to cutter for an opportunity at a layup.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think the past couple of games, we have been the best offensively when both Colvin and DG are in the game and Colvin brings the ball up the floor, allowing DG to come off some screens and play off the ball. Plus, Colvin is a lot better at feeding the post.

I bet if they kept a stat for blown layups he'd lead the conference in that. His assists to turnover ratio in Big 12 play is 41 to 30 (1.37) which is not exactly great. His ratio was greatly benefited in non-conference play (81 to 30 for 2.70 ratio) He's only 11-29 for 3pt shooting on the season too so it's not like he's been jacking up a ton of 3's either to make the 3pt% that meaningful.

Last edited: