Is it ok to even talk about the "other" sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Is it forbidden/not encouraged/looked down upon by Jeremy and the Mods here? If so, I'm perfectly fine with that but I'm not sure why just talking about the competition between sites gets threads locked and deleted.

Also, I see that Jeremy has taken down message from this morning and I'm just curious as to what the hell is going on...

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Is it that hard to understand? The problem with "discussing" the competition between the sites is that it doesn't stay as simply "discussing". It never does. And I'm not saying that's your fault, but inevitably by someone saying something, or inadvertently stating something they didn't actually mean, it will escalate beyond the level of "discussing". The second it gets to this point, it's too late, and either someone has been insulted, or things have been said that shouldn't, and honestly Jeremy doesn't want there to be any sort of animosity between the sites or the people who use them. So, in order to prevent this, we'd all prefer to no "discuss" the competition between the websites. It's unnecessary.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
The problem is that people start bashing other sites and it's members/mods/admins and it snowballs from there. The reason I would prefer it not happen is just that, there's no way to try and stop it once it starts. We've been running incredibly well over here the past few months and things like the past 24 hrs pop up every now and again and it helps nobody.

We all have different styles of posting and I think not talking about the two other sites helps all three sites. I have nothing against said sites, that's why I don't like people endlessly bashing other Cyclones.

I've said it before and will again, I have absolutely no access to a single part of CR as Paul banned me by IP address about 9 months ago, as I did him. I don't know what he reports and to me it makes no sense to try and create controversies where they don't belong. This isn't about policing things, it's about trying to talk about the real Cyclone things going on that we all love.

Jeremy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I guess it boils down to this, if there are problems, PM me. If info is being posted that shouldn't be, I am deleting the threads as soon as I find them and giving the member(s) warnings. I hate moderating things more than anybody and the only reason I do is for personal attacks or posting of information that need not be posted here.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
FYI, This is what I posted in reference to the closed topics from this morning...

Attention: CycloneFanatic Important Update

There are a few things I need to touch on regarding the future of the site...

There have been two threads in the last 24 hours that have taken drastic turns towards being personal attacks either on members or moderators of this site or others. This will not be allowed and the posts will be closed and/or deleted going forward. It is absolutely ridiculous for posts to be allowed that have no goal but to attack others. There are real people behind the usernames and each and every one of us needs to remember that.

While I love feedback, make sure it's constructive and helpful. If you have a problem with a member or moderator, please PM me rather than starting a personal attack thread on the forum. We are all Cyclones and we all have the same goals for our teams. There is absolutely no reason to argue and bicker about things that have no place on the site to begin with. Any problems you have need to be dealt with via PM or email, period.

There will be no exceptions to the rules. This site has been running very smoothly the past few months and we're not going to let a few hoodlums ruin it for everybody else. People come here to get away from bickering and to read about ISU. That is what we're here for and that is what we're going to accommodate.

Right now we have almost 4200 regularly active members. That means they are people that frequent the site numerous times a week, most numerous times an hour. We average around 200-600 members online at any given moment, not to count 100's not logged in, and we need to accommodate their wishes for a clean and honest site to interact with fellow Cyclones.

Thank you for understanding and I apologize to those that would rather not hear about fans infighting for absolutely no reason. This will not be tolerated any longer and I hope you enjoy the stress free atmosphere going forward.

Thank You,
Jeremy Lind
Site Owner/Admin
CycloneFanatic.com

Aug 21, 2006
Des Moines
Good post Jeremy. While we may not be respected by the other sites, and people here may not respect those sites, we need to remain civilized. We're all here because we're crazed Cyclone fans who need our fix. Things get way too serious and heated sometimes, let's just have some fun!

Along those lines, I know it's been discussed before but should be brought up again: how about a contest? That Jamaal Tinsley autographed ball would be a nice prize....:rolleyes5cz:

Status
Not open for further replies.