Is it fair that ISU is on this list?

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
The only Major program team that could be on there if you throw out a few years, KSU is the only one I would replace one of these teams with. Even then, we would still be on the list. KSU still has less wins, more losses, and a worse win%. We saw what happened when Bill left for a couple years. I'm hoping they will return after Bill leaves for good. We have 14 more wins and 13 less losses than them. Will we be able to outlast Bill and stay above them? :wink:

Northwestern and Oregon State if you are truly taking a historical view.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Okay mayble my ocd kicking in but I hate articles that numeral listings but have the teams picture above the number-name-and tide bit (especially if the picture is full width 1/2 long) drives me nuts. Example how it should be because this is america 1. Indiana Hoosiers-article-then picture dang foold

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
The good news is that in this day and age it doesn't matter as things can turn around quickly. Look what Snyder has done at ksu. If any college fball mind had to pick a top 25 best programs today ksu would be on the list. Winning erases all bad things.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We had like an 80 year lead on k state in win pct and we're going to blow it all in about 15 seasons

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Name another program that has more hurdles to overcome than us in a major conference. The fact we are still here and with a packed house is pretty amazing.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Current record: 508-611

I will live for about another 40 years. Assuming about 12 games a year with no bowl game. That means they would need to average more than 7.5 wins a year to break 0.500....

:(

(depressed face)

**** it, I'll still watch'em.

redalert

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2011
I quit reading after the writer inferred that our basketball team is not a national power. If you want to reach back 100 years and evaluate a "program" based on the past, more power to you. I see the ISU football program going forward as a program on the rise. We're building the third biggest stadium in the Big 12, we have one of the best weight room/football faciltities in the nation, and we SELL OUT our football games. Many programs would kill to have that kind of support.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Okay mayble my ocd kicking in but I hate articles that numeral listings but have the teams picture above the number-name-and tide bit (especially if the picture is full width 1/2 long) drives me nuts. Example how it should be because this is america 1. Indiana Hoosiers-article-then picture dang foold

So you'd rather have it 1/2-column wide pic, with header above, or else the photo below the summary?

I could see the 1/2-column (so photo doesn't "give away" the ranking) but pic below the text, no way.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
ISU/KU will be ok as long as we don't get left behind when the new round of mergers begin.
If somebody gets left out in the next round of mergers it won't have anything to do with football. Maryland and Rutgers weren't swept up because of their outstanding football programs. Neither was Colorado, Missouri or Louisville. This is all about TV and in the Big 10's case TV and AAU.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
I think if you have to ask yourselves the question that this thread title implies then the answer is pretty clear.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I quit reading after the writer inferred that our basketball team is not a national power. If you want to reach back 100 years and evaluate a "program" based on the past, more power to you. I see the ISU football program going forward as a program on the rise. We're building the third biggest stadium in the Big 12, we have one of the best weight room/football faciltities in the nation, and we SELL OUT our football games. Many programs would kill to have that kind of support.

I'm a huge basketball homer, but come on...we've made it past the Sweet 16 once and won our conference just twice since World War 2 ended. I wouldn't trade our position for anyone's right now, and we've got a lot of momentum and potential...but there's a lot to prove before we can be considered a "national power".

AlanStanwyk

Mar 14, 2012
I'm a huge basketball homer, but come on...we've made it past the Sweet 16 once and won our conference just twice since World War 2 ended. I wouldn't trade our position for anyone's right now, and we've got a lot of momentum and potential...but there's a lot to prove before we can be considered a "national power".

Stated perfectly. We will become a basketball power but we are not yet.