Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
National Rankings, research dollars, awards won, endowments all say Iowa has much more prestige than little bro isu, They don't count, only enrollment does because clone fan says so.
Serious questions Mr. MVC, did you go to the University of Iowa?

• Informative
Reactions: cyfan21

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So which regenerated troll is MVC? I've been gone all summer.

Though I am glad to see Hawk fans still don't see the irony of going to an Iowa State board to call Cyclone fans obsessed about the Hawkeyes. Also glad to see Hawk fans probably don't know what irony means.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
So which regenerated troll is MVC? I've been gone all summer.

Though I am glad to see Hawk fans still don't see the irony of going to an Iowa State board to call Cyclone fans obsessed about the Hawkeyes. Also glad to see Hawk fans probably don't know what irony means.
They probably think that it refers to that hard, metallic substance that is used to build railroad tracks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hey hawk trolls, link us the posts from cyclone fans on hawk sites. They have to have more than 3 post histories so Dan and Jeff didn't just register, post and link them. To me an obsessed fan is one who ventures over to another board and demands respect and for the other fans to acknowledge they are right. That would be people with high post counts even after having several usernames. You guys have serious mental issues.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
isu the only P5 school to never win an outright conference championship. The best tactic to take when having little bro syndrome is to mock schools that have.

How many outright titles does Iowa have? 1 maybe? 60 years ago?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I like when Gary Dolphin says "Buddy Boy" to the other dude.....it so unbelievably contrived and douchy that it makes you smile.
He also says "Robbie" Brooks.....like the only person in the state that does that...incredibly awkward. I guess we all know someone at work who is absolutely tone deaf to the repellent body language someone has to an unwanted term of endearment. Buddy Boy....LOL.......

The 2 that do football games for Iowa are the worse. Tune in to see the score and they are laughing at the other team. Claim the whole teams is all conference and half is All American. Over exaggerate what happens on plays. Its so bad you just have to listen to hear what they will say next, for a few moments anyway. No wonder Iowa fans are the way they are. They have 50 years of history of broadcasters like this.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Oversensitive? Maybe. I'm not sure. What I am sure of, though, is there's no group of fans of an irrelevant football team trying so desperately hard to convince everyone that they're actually relevant than Hawkeye fans.
This is what I don't get. The hate many Iowa fans have toward ISU. They dominated ISU in the 80s and 90s, the series is split now, Iowa has had a better program than ISU, yet their fans have this bitterness towards ISU. There is really no reason for it.

Maybe it is because ISU is gaining on Iowa when it comes to fans in the state. It is just crazy how many more ISU fans there are today over 25, 20 and even 10 years ago.

And basketball.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I get it isu fans want to obsess about Iowa and not be mocked for it.

Insecurity comes from always being little brother. Why would I mock isu fan behavior on an Iowa site?

Jeff reninga as I live and breathe. You must have been banned temporarily.

Or did your kids try to stage an intervention, and you rejected them? Yet again.