Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Years of mediocre football with occasional peaks while wanting to be treated like the big boys. They can't fathom that the nation doesn't see them any different than a Purdue or Illinois.

We know, you are the one defending Iowa.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Years of mediocre football with occasional peaks while wanting to be treated like the big boys. They can't fathom that the nation doesn't see them any different than a Purdue or Illinois.
I just had to look up the hoks streak of consecutive seasons without a winning season. In 1962 they went 4-5 and did not have another winning season until 1981, nineteen consecutive seasons. Their two best seasons during that time span were 5-5. Those five wins were against teams that had a combined 12-38 record (sisters of the poor). The poor hoks have a very sullied past and they don't realize it but people do remember-even if they don't.

Reactions: IanCYCLONE

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
In the last week, Iowa fans were sensitive in the Voices from the Stands thread and the 1976 Nebraska thread. Hawk fans were quick to jump in to state:
#notallIowafans
#bothsidesdoittoo
#didn'happen
#whatdidyoudotodeserveit
#littlebrother/Superbowltohavethesethreads/stories

These are all standard knee-jerk responses to anyone bringing up anything negative about an Iowa fan.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
I just had to look up the hoks streak of consecutive seasons without a winning season. In 1962 they went 4-5 and did not have another winning season until 1981, nineteen consecutive seasons. Their two best seasons during that time span were 5-5. Those five wins were against teams that had a combined 12-38 record (sisters of the poor). The poor hoks have a very sullied past and they don't realize it but people do remember-even if they don't.
You mean when they set the record for the most non winning seasons in football? You mean the same period when ISU was going to real bowl games and Iowa was too chicken **** to play ISU? Remember that the next time an Iowa fan wants to talk about their record against us. It's skewed by them being giant pussies for two straight decades.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why are they so butt hurt for Iowa State? What did we ever do to them. Mind our own business here at CF and get harassed by their constant ****.

This is what I don't get. The hate many Iowa fans have toward ISU. They dominated ISU in the 80s and 90s, the series is split now, Iowa has had a better program than ISU, yet their fans have this bitterness towards ISU. There is really no reason for it.

Maybe it is because ISU is gaining on Iowa when it comes to fans in the state. It is just crazy how many more ISU fans there are today over 25, 20 and even 10 years ago.

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017

isu wants desperately not to be the only school in the power 5 to have never won an outright football conference title in football but it make take another century to get there.

Yikes

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Poll incomplete without the **** Iowa option
Since you brought up the **** Iowa subject, I tried to resurrect that thread last night and found that it had been closed to further posts. I think that that is a travesty. Wonder if some sensitive hok troll complained about it. I think that it should be unlocked so that we can bring it back up whenever the hok troll presence needs to be slapped down! **** the hoks