Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

CyAtlanta

Jan 23, 2017
You act like we're Texas Tech fans here. We just played a top 5 schedule in the entire country and put an emphasis on running the ball and defense. Purdy's stats aren't inflated if anything they're even more impressive given his circumstances

Not sure "clutch" is the right word. Purdy is very good, but to say he is clutch would mean he comes through at the biggest moment. Biggest play of the year last year was the 2 pt conversion against Oklahoma. A "clutch" player has to find a way to make that play.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I expect him to be. I mean he's the best QB in Iowa or Iowa State history
So it sounds like we're all in agreement that if Purdy isn't a all-american or a heisman runner-up at least or wins the Davey O'brien award that you can drop this crazy argument.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not sure "clutch" is the right word. Purdy is very good, but to say he is clutch would mean he comes through at the biggest moment. Biggest play of the year last year was the 2 pt conversion against Oklahoma. A "clutch" player has to find a way to make that play.

Purdy is the definition of clutch. He threw a perfect ball to Pettway there and was absolutely insane in the second half that game to get them to that point

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So it sounds like we're all in agreement that if Purdy isn't a all-american or a heisman runner-up at least or wins the Davey O'brien award that you can drop this crazy argument.
Crazy argument? You said Iowa State's OL sucked. Purdy put up better numbers than Banks did with the best OL in school history. Please explain to me how saying Purdy is better than him is crazy? Banks might be a better real estate agent I'll give him that

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Crazy argument? You said Iowa State's OL sucked. Purdy put up better numbers than Banks did with the best OL in school history. Please explain to me how saying Purdy is better than him is crazy? Banks might be a better real estate agent I'll give him that
Banks had the highest passer rating in the country that season. Won the Davey O'brien award. Purdy made a watch list.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Banks had the highest passer rating in the country that season. Won the Davey O'brien award. Purdy made a watch list.
Purdy has a higher career rating than Banks does and Banks had every advantage. Banks was a very good college QB but he's not at Purdy's level

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
heisman runner up, Davey O’Brien award, 1st team all American, maxwell award, Big 10 player of the year, 3 times 1st team all Big10.

I asked if this was based on college or pro. You told me pro, so he sucks. It's what I call, "The Iowa Way" logic.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
You act like we're Texas Tech fans here. We just played a top 5 schedule in the entire country and put an emphasis on running the ball and defense. Purdy's stats aren't inflated if anything they're even more impressive given his circumstances
That’s funny because that’s exactly what Iowa did with Banks. And we played a top 5 schedule that season as well. Banks>Purdy IMO. You can have your opinion and I have mine.