Brock Purdy is the most clutch player in the state of Iowa's history

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Chuck Long played today in the Big 12 he would put up very similar if not better numbers. Banks would put up equal passing numbers along with Kyler Murray like rushing numbers. Banks and Long are the best QB’s ever in the state and it’s really even close.
Stopped reading after that big IF

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So when I say IF it doesn’t count but when clone fans say stuff like IF the refs, IF we played in the West, IF the weather didn’t happen, etc.
I mean Banks played behind the best OL in school history and was selling real estate the year after he graduated. Don't put him in the same sentence as someone like Brock Purdy

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I mean Banks played behind the best OL in school history and was selling real estate the year after he graduated. Don't put him in the same sentence as someone like Brock Purdy
That’s because of the way the NFL was in those years. It was all about the tall pocket style passer rather then scramble around the pocket and make plays with your legs. Purdy also gets the benefit of inflated stats playing Big 12 defense. Purdy has to put up a ten win season and win some awards until he can mentioned on the same level of Brad Banks.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That’s because of the way the NFL was in those years. It was all about the tall pocket style passer rather then scramble around the pocket and make plays with your legs. Purdy also gets the benefit of inflated stats playing Big 12 defense. Purdy has to put up a ten win season and win some awards until he can mentioned on the same level of Brad Banks.

Inflated stats? Purdy played the 5th toughest schedule in the entire country last year. Iowa played the 30th toughest schedule. What are you talking about?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Sure worked for Doug Flutie, Drew Brees. So that is a cop out.

Reactions: kcbob79clone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Inflated stats? Purdy played the 5th toughest schedule in the entire country last year. Iowa played the 30th toughest schedule. What are you talking about?
Lol the Oklahoma league sucks and you know it. It’s Oklahoma and everyone else. Iowa would have been 11-1 with your schedule last year easily. Have fun with you fantasy’s though, they sound fun.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol the Oklahoma league sucks and you know it. It’s Oklahoma and everyone else. Iowa would have been 11-1 with your schedule last year easily. Have fun with you fanatics though, they sound fun.
When you get beat in an argument by facts this is what happens. Lol yikes

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Which ones?

First of all, he was 2-0 against Iowa (what is Purdy's record against Iowa?), and in 2002 at Iowa he was definitely the main reason we came back and won that game. Clutch throw after clutch throw in crucial times. I remember the TD throw to Danielson in that game that was unreal, and then the completion to Whitver on 3rd and long from ISU's own endzone that basically clinched the game.

He was also crucial in wins against Nebraska and TT (the run) in 2002. And of course we all can't forget the "win" against Florida State at Arrowhead (he was in!!).

I said Purdy could still end up changing my mind. And I don't want to get into an argument over two ISU greats. Because when you do, it's almost like you start slighting one of them, and that's not right IMO. They are both great.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yeah, this guy wasn't clutch at all (easily the most exciting football player to ever wear an ISU uniform IMO)....

I'll never forget how good Seneca was. I did forget how hideous those uniforms were though. Good God those were ugly. Blue facemasks?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll never forget how good Seneca was. I did forget how hideous those uniforms were though. Good God those were ugly. Blue facemasks?

Yes, those were bad. I keep thinking our current ones aren't that great, except for the white ones, and then you see those and you're glad we have what we do!!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I mean we are splitting hairs here, but his games in 02 against Tech, Iowa, and Misery where fairly clutch. Now he didn't do it himself but the Iowa one was freaking amazing.
I mean Purdy has definitely won more than 3 games "by himself"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, this guy wasn't clutch at all (easily the most exciting football player to ever wear an ISU uniform IMO)....

I love Seneca and he was electric but once teams started to blitz him in 02 he collapsed. He lost 6 of his final 7 games, two of those by 50 points. That UCONN loss followed by the Humanitarian Bowl still give me nightmares