iPhone music help

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I have an iPhone 12 Pro and have noticed when I play music from my library it’s missing background music. I can’t think of any other way to describe it other than vocals are fine at all volume levels but drum beats or some background notes aren’t there when they should be. And it’s not a fade or balance thing either. The sounds/notes/drum beats just aren’t there or they’re just incredibly soft when I know for a fact listening on other devices they’re there. Strange. Any thoughts?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is it music you bought via the iTunes store, or imported from other places? Have you downloaded them onto your phone or streaming? Does it happen both aloud and if you wear AirPods/headphones?

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
You could check the equalizer setting. Turn it off, although I can’t think of any setting that would do what you describe. There’s also Dolby Atmos they added with newer versions of the OS. I wouldn’t think that would matter either, but I haven’t tried those settings because it doesn’t make any sense to.

Reactions: Angie