IPA and Pale Ale Discussion

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've been to 3 Floyd's and liked a lot of what they had on tap but I prefer Psuedo Sue any day of the week over zombie dust.

Some of my favorite go-to IPA/APA

Bells two hearted

Odell IPA

Stone enjoy by

Anything from TG

Todd the axeman /furious

Alpine pure hopinnes/hoppy birthday/alpine/duet

Central waters HHG

Ballast point sculpin
lagunitas ipa
Lagunitas sucks

Summit saga

All Day IPA has replace bud light as my crushable drink of choice.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Surly-Furious
Surly-Overrated
Lone Tree-Peach IPA
COOP-F5
Odell-Red IPA
Odell-Perle White IPA
Flat Earth-Northwest Passage
Tallgrass-8-bit

Odell is the best all around brewery in the world. I have had better single beers, more fun, better tours, etc, but nobody has a better arsenal than these guys. 90 Shilling is the perfect beer.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin
- FWIW, the pineapple sculpin is very disappointing
Odell India Pale Ale

For being out in the yard:

All Day IPA
Dale's Pale Ale

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I am hopping to find a few of these for saturday.
attachment.php

Shouldn't be too hard to find. I've seen it at three or four different Hy-Vees. It's the best session IPA I've had and it's only $6.99 a four pack of tall boys. I was told it came about when TG turned Surly down for a collaboration IPA so Surly tried a Pseudo Sue clone as a session and priced it low. Probably not accurate but it's great stuff.

I just finished a 4 pack, and it's worth it. Good stuff.

I want to thank you all for recommending this. I picked up a pack this weekend and was very impressed. It's probably not quite as good as the other Surly IPA's but at $5.49 per pack it is certainly more than acceptable.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Tried some Hopalicious and Moon Man tonight. Both were pretty tasty

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's usually tough to come by. Best of luck in your hunting though. Nerds like to cry and moan about how its overrated. I don't care, it's freaking delicious and I'd fill a Camelbak with it and walk around with it all day if I could.

Like other Citra pales, it seems to have major batch variation and doesn't keep well. I've had amazing Zombie Dust and not that great Zombie Dust.

When it's on, it's stellar.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's usually tough to come by. Best of luck in your hunting though. Nerds like to cry and moan about how its overrated. I don't care, it's freaking delicious and I'd fill a Camelbak with it and walk around with it all day if I could.

Found a little bottle shop east of UW campus called Riley's. They were out, yesterday, but said they might be getting some today, so we went back. They were only selling singles, and you could only get a maximum of two, but they had it. Now, I just need to put on a disguise and go get two more. Went to a place called "The Old Fashioned" yesterday, and they had a massive selection. All Wisconsin beers. Moon Man, Nectarine and Hopalicious were all very good.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
515 Brewing in Clive is crushing the IPA game lately. Bogan and Passé are two of the best in Iowa right now.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Found a little bottle shop east of UW campus called Riley's. They were out, yesterday, but said they might be getting some today, so we went back. They were only selling singles, and you could only get a maximum of two, but they had it. Now, I just need to put on a disguise and go get two more. Went to a place called "The Old Fashioned" yesterday, and they had a massive selection. All Wisconsin beers. Moon Man, Nectarine and Hopalicious were all very good.

Old Fashioned is just a ******* gem. Their Bloody Mary's are the ****.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
515, TG, Alluvial, and Pulpit have all made world class IPA/APAs recently. We're pretty blessed.

The Iowa beers have come along way in the past 5 years. Firetrucker's Tropical Burn is pretty damn good too.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Old Fashioned is just a ******* gem. Their Bloody Mary's are the ****.

Did not have a Bloody Mary, but we certainly tried a bunch of their beers. And their food was top notch. Very neat place.