Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
If you're going on P5 offers out of HS I can only assume you think Park is a stud too?

Who said I'm only going off P5 offers? Park has had adequate opportunity to show why so many schools were recruiting him out of HS. Sadly for him, he has shown that his talents are more suited for church league flag football than P5 football. At least he gets the advantage of playing in the Big XII and not a real power conference like the SEC or Big Ten.

• Creative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who said I'm only going off P5 offers? Park has had adequate opportunity to show why so many schools were recruiting him out of HS. Sadly for him, he has shown that his talents are more suited for church league flag football than P5 football. At least he gets the advantage of playing in the Big XII and not a real power conference like the SEC or Big Ten.

So much fail in this post that I don't even know where to begin at.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Who is Iowa State's backup QB this year? I want to make sure I know who Iowa State fans will be anointing as the next program savior when he throws for 300+ yards in a couple blowout losses at the end of the season. You know, after Park gets benched for not being a good QB (like has happened to every other Iowa State starting QB for the last, what, 5 years?)

If Beathard played behind that ISU OL, he would have been knocked out way sooner in the season. And Nathan Stanley would already be anointed. As it was, he made it to a bowl game where the announcers were begging for him to be replaced because of the beating he took.

ISU's QBs were benched mostly because their play suffered from taking too many hits. Luckily, they actually have a decent OL coach now, so I expect that trend will be coming to a stop.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
So much fail in this post that I don't even know where to begin at.

Park's completion percentage against teams with 6 or more wins was 51%. That is with a good receiving core, one of the best TEs in the Big XII, a Doak Walker candidate, and one of the nation's most versatile players. In a defense optional conference to boot.

That's really bad.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012

No, I'm just basing that off of what I read in this thread. Sounds like Iowa State has tremendous talent; I would guess they must have won at least 7 or 8 games last year with all that offensive firepower.

• Creative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
I was wrong with I said Beathard was a better football player than Lanning. Beathard was a slightly better QB but Lanning is way better overall. Park though, that guy is a stud

Why do we keep trying to make Park a better QB than what he was?

His completion percentage on the year wasn't even AVERAGE among FBS teams. He BARELY had an above average TD/INT ratio.

This is despite playing 3 of the 25 worst defenses in all of FBS in Texas Tech, Kansas and San Jose St.

Almost 60% of his TD's on the year came in those three games.

Why can't we just be excited that he's much better than anything else we've trotted out lately without pretending this kid is the next Joe Montana???

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do we keep trying to make Park a better QB than what he was?

His completion percentage on the year wasn't even AVERAGE among FBS teams. He BARELY had an above average TD/INT ratio.

This is despite playing 3 of the 25 worst defenses in all of FBS in Texas Tech, Kansas and San Jose St.

Almost 60% of his TD's on the year came in those three games.

Why can't we just be excited that he's much better than anything else we've trotted out lately without pretending this kid is the next Joe Montana???

I thought you went by QB rating?

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
I thought you went by QB rating?

I think it's a relevant statistic

One he was very very much average in last year. Something like 48th overall in FBS

Quit acting like he lit the world on fire.

Just be excited for what he is. An improvement over QB's of the last decade

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think it's a relevant statistic

One he was very very much average in last year. Something like 48th overall in FBS

Quit acting like he lit the world on fire.

Just be excited for what he is. An improvement over QB's of the last decade

He's got one of the best returning QB ratings in the Big 12. That's big time.

• Funny
Reactions: HawkeyeMashup