Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You're not really that dense, are you? Just because he listed three goals does not mean they are listed by priority. I mean, if they actually were prioritized, how do you accomplish goal 1 of going to a bowl without the other two?

Bringing crap like this up like it means something should be beneath a decent poster.

Wait, so you're saying there's nothing to that whole 'super bowl' thing? I'm confused.

• Winner
Reactions: Hawkmi1987

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Montgomery and Warren Combined in 2016:

243 carries for 1122 yards
25 receptions for 227 yards
1349 total yards on 268 touches
5 TD's

Akrum Wadley in 2016:

213 carries for 1058 yards
36 receptions for 315 yards
1373 total yards on 249 touches
13 TD's

You claim Wadley is barely better than any RB on your roster but he put up better numbers, in a part time role, than your top 2 RB's combined last year.

Bump for @Frak

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Montgomery and Wadley are the two best RB's in the state hands down. Not sure how you could disagree with that Dan.

Who is Dan?

Also, Wadley is in a tier by himself if that is the case. To say that he isnt much better than Warren and Montgomery is hilarious.

Wadley

Montgomery/Butler

Warren

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Man this was a good thread. Some real highlights when looking at the current discussion. Some of my favorites:

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/all-iowa-iowa-state-team.220371/

Wadley is a junior and has 803 career rushing yards. Warren had 1339 rushing yards his freshman year. Warren is definitely the best RB in the state and it's not debatable.

Iowa State had a worse OL and played a much tougher schedule last year than Iowa. If you think Iowa has a RB more talented than Warren you are absolutely clueless or you're trolling

How can people debate between Wadley and Warren? That's like debating between CJ and Lanning or Lazard and Vandenberg

Seriously I didn't even know Hawk fans thought Wadley was good. Has he been hurt? It looks like he's only played in about half of the games in his career. He didn't even play against ISU, Nebraska, Pitt, Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota last year

Where's Canzeri now? Selling insurance?

A third string RB last year for Iowa is just as good as someone coming off a freshman all american season. This can't be a serious discussion

If Wadley has more yards than Warren Saturday he's obviously better right? Jesus

And 984 rushing yards is quite a bit less than what Mike Warren did with a worse OL.

I can literally give you 100 examples why Mike Warren is the best RB in the state. Stats, accolades, etc will back that up. Please give me one reason or example to explain why someone would say Iowa's back up RB is better than a highly regarded RB like Warren

The Wadley-Warren debate for the Hawkeye fans on here is as silly as a Lanning-Beathard debate, except they would just substitute "Warren fumbles a lot" for "Rose Bowl!!!!"

You can't really do worse than laying an egg in a bowl game like Beathard always does. I said before Beathard is probably better than Lanning but not by much

Besides the one that said Iowa's back up RB is more talented than Warren and the others saying it's debatable. I genuinely didn't know Hawkeye fans thought he was good considering he didn't play much last year. Lots of Kool Aid being drank after beating a bottom feeder MAC team apparently

I don't think the talent gap between Beathard and Lanning is that big

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
uJb8ljC.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Read your comments from last year that @AmesHawk just posted.

You have no room to call anybody else biased.

Warren was coming off a huge year and was a freshman all american. Wadley has never even been a starting RB in his career.

Wadley and Montgomery are clearly the best RB's in the state this year and it's not even close. The experts seem to agree with me

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Warren was coming off a huge year and was a freshman all american. Wadley has never even been a starting RB in his career.

Wadley and Montgomery are clearly the best RB's in the state this year and it's not even close. The experts seem to agree with me
Apparently enlightened posters like Breck and Althawk just have a better eye for talent. No biggie, we're all wrong sometimes.

Reactions: CyTwins

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
If you can't concede RB, then you simply don't know football or you are being an embarrassing homer.

DB could be a toss up, but I have a feeling by the end of the year, once again Iowa will have a better secondary than ISU.

So...let me get this straight. Iowa will have better DBs based on what? Rugumba had a good game against Michigan and the other guys showed flashes and were good recruits? I'm not even saying it can't be true, but then when I say a guy like Montgomery who played only a portion of the year (with a terrible OL) is near Wadley's level, you guys act like it's delusional? Sorry, you can't have it both ways. You guys can project based on perceived talent with limited playing time, but we can't? Butler had 1000+ yards against MWC defenses and Warren had 1200 in the B12, but he is nowhere close to as good?

ISU has some good RBs. And that includes Nwangwu, who had a really good year as a KOR. Iowa's kids will likely have more yards, as they are in a run first offense. But pure talent of the group, ISU is right there with iowa. Not trying to convince anyone, as you guys will always pick your players, but that's my opinion.

Reactions: CyTwins

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Aside from the fact that Wadley is widely considered among the best college RBs in 2017 and Ryen isn't anywhere near the radar of best RBs, spot on.

But I will say our guy Gervase and Cotton-Moya are both pretty dynamic safeties.

Ryen is not a RB. He's a WR who will maybe get a few carries. Wadley is a RB who is probably Iowa's best WR too. It's dumb to compare them. Ryen is a good PR too and I'm guessing would have a place on just about any team out there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That was his freshman before he regressed under CMC.

He was also hurt most of the year and played behind a horrible OL (that did improve). ISU needed more of a bruiser like Montgomery because the holes weren't there. Warren is still talented. We'll see if he bounces back.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was also hurt most of the year and played behind a horrible OL (that did improve). ISU needed more of a bruiser like Montgomery because the holes weren't there. Warren is still talented. We'll see if he bounces back.

I think you would rank the players in the state as:

Montgomery/Wadley

Warren

Kene
Butler

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Frak and YeahBuddy