Iowa's football schedule

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
The Nebraska-Iowa rivalry to me is the most contrived and forced of any in the Big 10. A lot of national media talk about it, but that's because it's on Black Friday, and they don't live in Iowa.
Oh it's real now. Both sides hate the other. If there was one thing Scott Frost did, it was to get Iowa fans to hate them and hate his whiny ass comments post game.

• Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Outside of Barry Alvarez in an interim role between Bielema and Anderson, every Wisconsin coach is a winner.. Fickell has played in a CFP game and has the #15 class for 2024

Nebraska is lost without connections to Texas recruiting

For being very good but not elite and pretty bad prior to Barry, it's kind of remarkable that WI has maintained very nice success through all of their coaching changes.

• Agree
Reactions: 7Got6 and GoHawks

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
For being very good but not elite and pretty bad prior to Barry, it's kind of remarkable that WI has maintained very nice success through all of their coaching changes.
They were awful in the 80s. It’s going to be interesting with Fickell. He’s essentially abandoning what they’ve well established offensive identity. It’ll be a great experiment for the new Iowa AD to watch unfold. Personally, I think it’s a mistake but I’m intrigued.

• Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They were awful in the 80s. It’s going to be interesting with Fickell. He’s essentially abandoning what they’ve well established offensive identity. It’ll be a great experiment for the new Iowa AD to watch unfold. Personally, I think it’s a mistake but I’m intrigued.

Had some success in the 60s, bad in the 70s, and won 6-7 games in the early 80s.

Barry came swooping in as they bottomed out and established 'Wisconsin football'.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what Fickell does and how long he'll stick if he's successful. There was a lot of hype about all of the QBs they brought in and I guess the spring game didn't give much hope.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Funny that these Iowa nerds always talked about how OU was over rated all these years, and SC is basically turning into that OU, and now they're scared. LOL.

I'm on record for wanting to play the good teams:

And being relieved to not have to play Nebraska in the B1G tournament. I couldn't believe that.

I want to play KU three times a year in basketball and OU twice a year in football. Bring on the big boys.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Agree, Minnesota is as much of a rival to Iowa as Oklahoma St is to Iowa State
It reminds me a bit like Kansas State - Kansas - Missouri before Missouri left the conference. Ask any Kansas fan who their main rival is and they will say Mizzou (and vice versa). But ask any Kansas State fan who their rival is and they will say Kansas

Sorry Iowa - you’re Kansas State in this example

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Penn St, Michigan and Wisconsin is a soft schedule? Let’s see what Iowa St rolls out and compare notes…
Those are good teams but don’t start pounding your chest about tough schedules lol.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Those are good teams but don’t start pounding your chest about tough schedules lol.
A lot of football to be played between now and then but if two top 10 teams is a “soft” schedule then sign me up.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
A lot of football to be played between now and then but if two top 10 teams is a “soft” schedule then sign me up.
As I said, those three teams are good and I’m not talking **** about Iowa’s future schedules. I’m saying Iowa can’t pound their chest now that they finally will play a consistently tough conference schedule.

Reactions: 7Got6

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You know the big ten wants Mich, OSU, USC and occasionally PSU to be their reps in the playoffs. Will it just take one time of Iowa having their typical easy schedule to muck that up and Iowa loses 1-2 of their protected rivals. I say Wisconsin is the one they lose.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You know the big ten wants Mich, OSU, USC and occasionally PSU to be their reps in the playoffs. Will it just take one time of Iowa having their typical easy schedule to muck that up and Iowa loses 1-2 of their protected rivals. I say Wisconsin is the one they lose.
I think they lose @ Nebraska next year too.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Iowa will still get plenty of cupcakes but I think it will be unlikely that they have a year where they get to dodge Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, USC and Michigan St, but not impossible. No team in the conference has had more favorable schedules than Iowa the last 13-14 years. Hawk fans are just pissed that this beauty was changed with the arrival of USC and UCLA. They LOVE schedules like this and 90% of their fanbase thinks they’re national title contenders when they punt their way through it to 10+ wins.

1686313671008.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa will still get plenty of cupcakes but I think it will be unlikely that they have a year where they get to dodge Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, USC and Michigan St, but not impossible. No team in the conference has had more favorable schedules than Iowa the last 13-14 years. Hawk fans are just pissed that this beauty was changed with the arrival of USC and UCLA. They LOVE schedules like this and 90% of their fanbase thinks they’re national title contenders when they punt their way through it to 10+ wins.

View attachment 113614
This is a fake schedule right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron