Iowa's Best Burger Contest 2020 - and the winner is ....

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A great burger must have a toasted bun. If C.W. McCall knows about Beebeetown, then everyone should.

"Well, I popped the clutch
Gave the tranny a spin
Took the Beebeetown ramp and slid on in
To the Old Home Filler-Up An' Keep On A-Truckin' Cafe "

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Never even heard of Beebee town.
I use to have a job that took me all over the state to some really small towns. My coworker never wanted to pack a sack lunch, and at the time we got a per diem, so we always ate out. I ate at a ton of local places all over the state and there are some amazing little restaurants out there. I really wish I would have kept a journal because I have forgotten the details of most of them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A great burger must have a toasted bun. If C.W. McCall knows about Beebeetown, then everyone should.

"Well, I popped the clutch
Gave the tranny a spin
Took the Beebeetown ramp and slid on in
To the Old Home Filler-Up An' Keep On A-Truckin' Cafe "
CW McCall wrote Convoy at The Forgot Store in Omaha.

I've eaten at Twisted Tail a couple of times and the food has been good. Never had the ribs nor burger. I really would like to try their Saturday night smoked prime rib. The place is always busy. In the summer all the motorcycles riding around the bluffs stop there Saturday & Sunday afternoon.

They spent a fortune renovating that dilapidated old building and it has paid off.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thanks. I can tell I'm way behind when 2019 doesn't hit me.
It's interesting anyway, because the Twisted Tail was also on the Top Ten list in 2019.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
My Great Aunt and Uncle has a farm not to far from Beebee Town. I always thought it was a cool name as a kid. I’ve ate at the restaurant once, the food was very good. My adult son had a burger. I remember that it was huge and he thought it was really good. The restaurant is pretty big and nice for being off the beaten path.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It's sad how many burgers I pay $10 for and afterwards say "A two buck burger at McDonalds would have been just as satisfying"

BeBops in Ames fits this bill for me, I'll go to the Brick City if friends want to go and their burgers are good, but for the money saved I'll go to BeBops if I'm by myself.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If anyone is ever in Colorado Springs go
To the skirted Heffer. Best burger I have had. B and B has outstanding burgers also. Season and cooked perfect

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron