Iowa wrestling meet

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Only if you want to listen to the Iowa broadcast. Iowa, Penn State, and Oklahoma State are the only schools I know of that do radio broadcasts for Wrestling duals. Though there are probably a couple others (Ohio State, Cornell, maybe Michigan?) that I just haven't happened across.

Listening to Ironside on the way home from Jack Trice is better than not listening at all. 1460 carry it?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I used to be a heavy favorite of letting Carr wrestle this year - my mind has changed. He needs a year of development. He isn't as close as I thought he was (contend for top 3-4 at NCAAs). Having him go at CHA for his first match isn't a good idea.

I will put $25 towards our RTC if we actually wrestle any true freshman against Iowa. Any takers?
How about $20 for every match they win. Any takers to match or better that?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I've head that Lee is a likely go and probably Lugo as well. Kemerer of course out for the year and it is likely Warner makes his Iowa debut. HWT, probably still not Stoll.

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
I've head that Lee is a likely go and probably Lugo as well. Kemerer of course out for the year and it is likely Warner makes his Iowa debut. HWT, probably still not Stoll.

Fine by me. Lee will most likely roll through Mackall, along with everybody else he sees this year, but Lugo and Warner are tests that Degen and Miklus need right now.

Looking forward to seeing progress from our guys. Don't really care all that much about Iowa.

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
Fine by me. Lee will most likely roll through Mackall, along with everybody else he sees this year, but Lugo and Warner are tests that Degen and Miklus need right now.

Looking forward to seeing progress from our guys. Don't really care all that much about Iowa.

Full agree with this post. Beating Iowa is always fun, but hoping they are missing starters so ISU can win isn't what is good in the long run. Lee is an animal and will put it on whoever is out there. But 149 and 197 being Lugo and Warner will be huge moving forward, for seeding and confidence purposes. Get Iowa's full team out there, and see what this team is.

I read Foley's mailbag this morning, in which he stated he doesn't think Gomez can stay with Desanto's gas tank. This is the match I look forward to the most. Going back to high school, I am not sure how many times I have seen Gomez fade. I could see the opposite, with Gomez frustrating Desanto by sticking with his pace, similar to what Parker did last year.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Full agree with this post. Beating Iowa is always fun, but hoping they are missing starters so ISU can win isn't what is good in the long run. Lee is an animal and will put it on whoever is out there. But 149 and 197 being Lugo and Warner will be huge moving forward, for seeding and confidence purposes. Get Iowa's full team out there, and see what this team is.

I read Foley's mailbag this morning, in which he stated he doesn't think Gomez can stay with Desanto's gas tank. This is the match I look forward to the most. Going back to high school, I am not sure how many times I have seen Gomez fade. I could see the opposite, with Gomez frustrating Desanto by sticking with his pace, similar to what Parker did last year.
DIdnt read Foley, but that is extremely stupid. If you’ve watched Gomez at all in the last couple of years he is usually the one with the extra gas and putting it on guys late in the match. Not to say he will make Desanto gas, and he might well lose, but I’d be shocked if it’s because he gasses late in the match.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Bucklara

Jan 14, 2016
AG getting a win over Desanto would be very impressive. He is clearly a confident kid who believes he will win. Looking forward to this match and the turning point for ISU wrestling. Big opportunity for individuals and the team.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think Dresser will follow the Parker script. It was also the one that the Michigan wrestler (forget his name, but the one Desanto tried to hurt at Nationals) used to handily beat him. Slowed it down and Desanto became impatient and would give opportunities to score on. Haven't seen if the Iowa coaches have calmed him down or not this year.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Dresser will follow the Parker script. It was also the one that the Michigan wrestler (forget his name, but the one Desanto tried to hurt at Nationals) used to handily beat him. Slowed it down and Desanto became impatient and would give opportunities to score on. Haven't seen if the Iowa coaches have calmed him down or not this year.

Micic of Michigan

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Withstand the initial onslaught from Desanto like Parker did last year and you've got a good shot at beating him. He comes out like a bat out of hell and overwhelms guys most of the time. I could see it going either way but I'm giving Gomez a slight edge.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

cyguy2170

Nov 10, 2013
Not trying to bring up the argument again. Just looking for a yes or no... is the cheapest way to watch by buying 1 month of Flo?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Withstand the initial onslaught from Desanto like Parker did last year and you've got a good shot at beating him. He comes out like a bat out of hell and overwhelms guys most of the time. I could see it going either way but I'm giving Gomez a slight edge.

Agree. Desanto is crazy. Just withstand his initial flurry and settle in.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Not trying to bring up the argument again. Just looking for a yes or no... is the cheapest way to watch by buying 1 month of Flo?

Only thing I heard about trying to buy 1 month of Flo, is cancelling it. It had been a year or 2 ago, but people complained it was impossible to cancel. Maybe that is fixed

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Only thing I heard about trying to buy 1 month of Flo, is cancelling it. It had been a year or 2 ago, but people complained it was impossible to cancel. Maybe that is fixed
Flo has all ISU duals this year and lots of Big 12 teams. Might as well get the whole year.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone