***Iowa vs. Tennessee Play-In Game Thread***

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Next year with the loss of Marble the play in would be a huge stretch goal.

I'm going to savor the Hok tears for a couple more seconds.

Ok onto NCCU (and an actual tournament game)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I have a friend in facilities and maintenance at Iowa, he texted me that Gary Barta has sent out an emergency overtime offer for facilities staff in order to remove all coffee makers/warmers/pots from the basketball facilities, because

th

acody

Nov 25, 2006
hahahaha HawkeyeReport.com is ******* hilarious. Here's some gems:

About the intentional foul:
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

That's hilarious. Now I can enjoy the NCAA tourney when it officially starts tomorrow.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Remember when Iowa hasn't won an NCAA tournament game in forever, and we just won the Big XII tournament. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Even if we lose on Friday, its still hilarious

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Seth Davis "At least they are not taking transfers, they did it the right way" lol, doing it the right way gets you to an NIT appearance, transfer way gets 3 tourney appearances and 2 wins (at the least). Hilarious.

That is awesome.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Seth Davis "At least they are not taking transfers, they did it the right way" lol, doing it the right way gets you to an NIT appearance, transfer way gets 3 tourney appearances and 2 wins (at the least). Hilarious.

Yeah, how exactly is taking transfers somehow 'the wrong way'? We've taken a bunch of kids, given them a new opportunity, and by and large they have taken that opportunity, ran with it, and have stayed out of any sort of major trouble. Sounds like a great thing both for us and for the guys that transfer here.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
There were actually a handful of times Tennessee got mugged in the first half where the refs called nothing. The announcers were surprised by it too

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Yeah, how exactly is taking transfers somehow 'the wrong way'? We've taken a bunch of kids, given them a new opportunity, and by and large they have taken that opportunity, ran with it, and have stayed out of any sort of major trouble. Sounds like a great thing both for us and for the guys that transfer here.

Yep, a W is a W as long as it's legal. Plus, we only have 1 legit xfer this year. 2 other guys are JUCO xfers, but what times doesn't have at least one of those? Most teams do.

He's just ****** the team he had a hard on for just put up 1 point in OT, choked away another game, and lost by double digits.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This game wasnt called that well but it went both ways. That guys whines more than teenage girls.

Hawk fans are whining all over about the refs. I mean they werent perfect as you said but there were certainly times it felt like iowa was getting away with quite a bit too.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
This was the best possible outcome for Iowa. If they would have been in the NIT they would have hosted a home game which would have been a lot of revenue to the university for tickets and concessions, and we obviously don't want that.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I didn't say losing wouldnt suck. Just that it wouldn't make them losing any less funny.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron