Iowa vs Iowa State Message Boards: Cook vs Lindell

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I find it fascinating that the Tyler Cook to the NBA thread over on HN only has 25 posts, while the Lindell to the NBA post on CyFan is approaching 200 (as of 6:30 PM Thursday). Both announced about the exact same time. Are we just that much more passionate about our basketball program, or is Hawkeye Nation's traffic way down? Or something else?

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't even know about Cook and I'd assume there's plenty of Hawkeye 'faithful' who may not even know who that is so that might explain it.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: Acylum and kentkel

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I find it fascinating that the Tyler Cook to the NBA thread over on HN only has 25 posts, while the Lindell to the NBA post on CyFan is approaching 200 (as of 6:30 PM Thursday). Both announced about the exact same time. Are we just that much more passionate about our basketball program, or is Hawkeye Nation's traffic way down? Or something else?

There’s a huge age, economic, technology gap between the passionate hok fans and passionate cyclone fans. We’re an up and coming younger and increasingly urban/suburban fan base.

Iowa’s “fanatics” are like 50+ average age, live predominantly in flood prone areas, and consume their hok news via the Cedar Rapids Gazette, Quad City Times, and local TV news. I doubt Channel 2 in CR/IC broke in to Judge Judy to break the Cook news. Would have been pandemonium.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
There’s a huge age, economic, technology gap between the passionate hok fans and passionate cyclone fans. We’re an up and coming younger and increasingly urban/suburban fan base.

Iowa’s “fanatics” are like 50+ average age, live predominantly in flood prone areas, and consume their hok news via the Cedar Rapids Gazette, Quad City Times, and local TV news. I doubt Channel 2 in CR/IC broke in to Judge Judy to break the Cook news. Would have been pandemonium.
This may be a load of crap, but its pretty funny. Kudos.

Reactions: jcyclonee

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
HR gets more traffic than HN.

So.....is next year officially a “rebuild” or “reload” year for the cyclones?

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
HR gets more traffic HN.

So.....is next year officially a “rebuild” or “reload” year for the cyclones?

Tough to say.

The fans on your board who think Nixon sucks are idiots. Compare them to the many who said Shayok would suck, because it's equally stupid/jealous.

But with the huge volume of losses (shayok, nwb, lard, THT, LW) we have we need other newcomers than just Nixon to produce right away, Conditt to take the next step, bench guys to develop, and Solomon Young to be healthy all year. A lot of boxes to check but not impossible.

Haliburton has a very high ceiling and it would not shock me at all for him to be an All B12 level player.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Tough to say.

The fans on your board who think Nixon sucks are idiots. Compare them to the many who said Shayok would suck, because it's equally stupid/jealous.

But with the huge volume of losses (shayok, nwb, lard, THT, LW) we have we need other newcomers than just Nixon to produce right away, Conditt to take the next step, bench guys to develop, and Solomon Young to be healthy all year. A lot of boxes to check but not impossible.

Haliburton has a very high ceiling and it would not shock me at all for him to be an All B12 level player.
I think you guys can put a pretty good starting 5 on the floor. After that we’ll have to see.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Tough to say.

Nixon doesn’t suck but he has been a wildly inefficient player his entire career. It’s possible that he got much better while sitting out a year, but he’s a career 37% overall and 33% from three. That’s really bad.

Haliburton has potential, and I think he is a good player, but that is a MASSIVE step to take from a low volume role player to all Big XII. It’s not impossible, but is pretty unlikely to happen in just one offseason.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think you guys can put a pretty good starting 5 on the floor. After that we’ll have to see.

Leech is the one that I'm curious to see. He was looked at heavy and was way up on the boards before he lost a year to injury. If he can regain most of what he had, he could be that missing piece for next year. We are going to have more 4/5 players than usual but be lighter on guards for the first time in awhile.

Help Support Us

Become a patron