Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hoiberg said JUCO transfer Dustin Hogue has been a factor with his ability to rebound at 6-6 and will give the Cyclones the ability "to go small" because he can slide down to power forward.

I find this funny. The 6'6" Hogue replacing the (barely) 6'6" Ejim is "going small".

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
So what the title of the article tells us is that he has no killer instinct. That can't be good.

Reactions: necromancy

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I find this funny. The 6'6" Hogue replacing the (barely) 6'6" Ejim is "going small".

I read "slide down" as Hogue starting and moving to the 4/5 when Ejim is out and bringing in a smaller guard. Good to see our top 100's seem to be ready to contribute early, just put MT on their worst offensive player.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I read "slide down" as Hogue starting and moving to the 4/5 when Ejim is out and bringing in a smaller guard. Good to see our top 100's seem to be ready to contribute early, just put MT on their worst offensive player.

That's a good point, I didn't think of that.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I'm relieved to hear Hoiberg talk so highly of Morris. It sounds like he would be comfortable starting Monte (I'm inferring, not quoting) if he didn't have a better option with Kane.

I was concerned Monte might take longer to see the floor than expected. A friend that knows basketball was not impressed by him in the CCL, but he is a Hawkeye fan.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm relieved to hear Hoiberg talk so highly of Morris. It sounds like he would be comfortable starting Monte (I'm inferring, not quoting) if he didn't have a better option with Kane.

I was concerned Monte might take longer to see the floor than expected. A friend that knows basketball was not impressed by him in the CCL, but he is a Hawkeye fan.

I was thinking the same thing. I figured the learning curve would take longer but they sound really high on him already. I watched him play a few times in CCL and I thought he looked pretty good but that doesn't mean much

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Hehehe

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

AKA: he knows we got a good one in Morris and is jealous