Iowa State vs Iowa game "not enjoyable" for Iowa Fans

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
That's outstanding!
Bears out exactly how the evidence goes, too, since Iowa fans always tell us that they don't care. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Clonenate72

Jul 18, 2012
It must really suck for hawk fans having to lie to themselves about what they do and don't care about.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This guy speaks the truth it is "OUR SUPERBOWL". :rolleyes:

Just another delusional hawkeye blogger....... Iowa fans are making excuses awfully early this year.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It must really suck for hawk fans having to lie to themselves about what they do and don't care about.

They only care when they win, duh. If they lose its no big deal..... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhttttt.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Yeah..... Bigger deal for ISU fans..... Sorry. I don't believe that crap. We have a much tougher conference schedule than Iowa... I'd rather win the big 12.
This. While beating our only rival at the time (although KSU is starting to climb up there) would be nice, we have bigger fish to fry in conference than beating a middle of the pack B1G team. That said, I still want to win, but there's more to our season than this game.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Dear CPR, please make the hawkeyes your ***** year in and year out. Thank you.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Yes, they need to lighten their schedule because of that daunting big 10 slate they face every year.

They don't need to keep giving reasons why that fan base is the biggest bunch of arrogant, whiney, over-inflated egotistical losers on earth. But they just can't help it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I've seen the "I could care less about this game" and "this game means more to them" excuses flying early and often this year. It just means that their fans are scared, and from what I saw from this past weekend, they should be.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
I'll give him credit for this - Iowa has generally finished with a better record, carries more prestige, and according to most recruiting sites, has the "higher potential" recruits. So I can see where perhaps they feel this shouldn't even be a game. HOwever, time have changed.

What they fail to recognize is that this isnt the same ISU that Hayden Fry **** pounded for 15 years. We are a legitimate 6-7 win team, with the potential to hit 8 or 9 wins if the chips fall in the right places. It's a Hawk fans own fault if they don't realize that they will not own this series ever again. Going 5-5 might not be that bad for them.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Almost every Hawkamaniac out there says the same old drool. It doesn't mean anything to them.....just another game they expect to win....they are more storied, they have the tradition, they have the better recruits.....self gratifying BS. The fact is they are worried that the evidence is contrary to their beliefs. It is slowly becoming more even in fan numbers. I know Iowa will probably always have more fans for a while, but they lose their dominance in the state, not to mention the BIG10 looking like a fossil league, they are in real jeopardy of being the 2nd most popular school in the state. ISU has a bigger enrollment, the season ticket sales have been climbing sharply in the last 5 years, and soon Jack Trice will have to bowl in an endzone to keep up with demand. This wears away at the 1980's, Hayden Fry image that most of them cling to like an old lady to a nickel machine at Prairie Meadows, they can't stand the fact that ISU is surging and their program is stagnant. Im sick of them saying it doesn't matter, they are scared and not just of the game this weekend. Yeah I said it...and I don't regret it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yep, same old "we gain nothing by beating them" crap from them.

I think a lot like to play the "we're the big boy" thing, but realize CPR is getting excitement out this way...and there are starting to be "tavern cyclone" fans and it scares them.

And I'm sure we'll never hear Obama say, "I heard Coach Ferentz chews a mean piece of gum, I hope I can chew a piece like him."

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I lived in Eastern Iowa for 27 years and the majority of Hawk fans care a lot about this game.