Iowa State Scrimmage 8/9

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
My favorite thread of the year...the wailing and gnashing of teeth over people talking or not talking about the secret practice. Suddenly the CGC members are friggin MI5 or some crap.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My favorite thread of the year...the wailing and gnashing of teeth over people talking or not talking about the secret practice. Suddenly the CGC members are friggin MI5 or some crap.

Bond. James Bond.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The defense was immovable. The offense was unstoppable. There is nothing but a smoldering pit where the field used to be.

This is worrisome if the punter didn't get much work.

The program is lost if it can't fit to its strength(s).

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I heard that we've perfected the bubble screen pass...that is the only play in the playbook this year.....shhhhhh!!!

Oh, and there were not any punts because Lazard lines up and we run the Kirby special and he takes off EVERYTIME.

Going to be an odd year.

In all seriousness, i totally understand the "understanding" that folks who get to attend shouldn't share info...but I also think for $100, that'd be easy acres to secrets for other teams if they really had secrets they were hiding.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I heard that during the scrimmage Mangino lined up the guards in the backfield, the center was on the right, and the quarterback wasn't even there!

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I heard that during the scrimmage Mangino lined up the guards in the backfield, the center was on the right, and the quarterback wasn't even there!

Actually Mangino himself lined up as the both guards and the center.

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
Actually, I don't think you have any "right" like this. It is a CGC event. If you attend, you give up this right. If you don't agree, then don't go.

Actually, as a free citizen of the United States of America, I'm pretty sure that the First Amendment to the Constitution is the defining legal doctrine at play here, and it trumps whatever nonsense the ISU football Nazis are trying pull.

Now, if the OP is not naturalized, then it's entirely possible that violation of the proscribed policy may result in deportation out of the country, or in extreme cases when blatantly divulged practice info directly aids our jihadi enemies overseas, rendition to certain sympathetic countries with more lenient definitions of "enhanced interrogation" has been known to occur.

Last edited:

SheldonCooper

May 30, 2014
If you remember, some years back some genius went to a closed scrimmage (Oregon?), and posted diagrammed plays online.Now, whether coaches "scoured" the internest for those plays, or an opposing fan stumbled across them and forwarded them is irrelevant. As I recall, an upset ensued (Boise State?), because of those plays.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Oregon lost that game because LaGarrette Blount decided to punch someone. Unless that too was scripted and revealed during a closed practice session.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Oregon lost that game because LaGarrette Blount decided to punch someone. Unless that too was scripted and revealed during a closed practice session.

Yeah I'm sure him punching someone after the game was over was the only reason they lost

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
I suspect there never was a scrimmage. Reports otherwise may be of alien origin.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
You mean, as good as Trey Scott not only getting info from people who attended, but publishing it--as a premium article?

The difference between CW and Trey Scott is one is trying to sell subscriptions and the other is not. Trey Scott does a great job providing info on the Cyclones but he is not here for the long haul and does not need to worry as much about upsetting the coaches. I agree with CW's approach of not posting any articles in order to maintain the trust of the coaching staffs.

Media day is today. Whatever Trey Scott posted by some fans opinions really does not matter compared to what will be told today. If your CW why risk the relationships you built to post some article based on message board posters observing a scrimmage.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
He also didn't know it was a gridiron function. He was asking how people got in and got info and people told him. Its not as underhanded as you make it sound.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron