Iowa State reached out to Behanan

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Serious question, could he transfer at semester and get a ton of academic scholarships (find a way somehow).

Would this be possible since he's technically not on the basketball team? Instead of paying his own way for 6 months.

That's not the issue. It wouldn't do any good since we would only get him for a semester. It's better for him to have a full year to sit at ISU and gel with the team.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
The more I hear national media and just fans in general making ISU transfer jokes, the more transfers I want Fred to take. Am I the only one?

As good as transfers have been to us, I'm all for getting them by the bunches.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That's not the issue. It wouldn't do any good since we would only get him for a semester. It's better for him to have a full year to sit at ISU and gel with the team.

This isn't true. He could still sit out a year and a half and have a full year. Just as Lucious did, IIRC.

I believe the reason for him to spend the remainder of the year at Louisville has more to do with the fact that lots of schools don't have a scholarship available midterm, and he'll have more choices if he waits.

Of course, I could be mistaken.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Ya, people act like we've been burned by transfers before when it's the complete opposite. I just don't get what the big deal is to some of these people, unless it's just all about doing it the right way.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
This isn't true. He could still sit out a year and a half and have a full year. Just as Lucious did, IIRC.

I believe the reason for him to spend the remainder of the year at Louisville has more to do with the fact that lots of schools don't have a scholarship available midterm, and he'll have more choices if he waits.

Of course, I could be mistaken.

I would be very surprised if he would want to choose to sit out an extra 2/3 of a year if he was available to play next spring. Don't think I've ever seen someone intentionally sit out an extra semester to gain an extra one, although this is a pretty rare scenario anyway.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yea, I know. But I am just so impressed at how Hoiberg has put together such different teams for 3 years in a row (the same years in which we have seen UK and NC have down years and may be seeing KU have a down year).

He works and talks to the kids all the time with little or no waste the time garbage stories. He is about the kids and not himself.

Not sure McD was that close to the players.

Maybe not TF or LE either.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
So you're telling me if we land Mr. Behanan we'd have a frontcourt rotation of FOUR seniors for the 2015-2016 season (Niang, McKay, Nader, Behanan). Four grown A 22-23 year old men banging down low. That wouldn't just be the best frontcourt in the conference that'd be arguably the best frontcourt in the nation. Hoiberg isn't messing around anymore he's going for all the marbles.

Get Mr. Vaughn to come showcase his talents in Freddie's wide open offense and who knows maybe convince him to come back for his sophomore year and win another national title...

FIFY

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

I feel the same way. I always laugh at the losers who whine about taking in transfers by the bunch and call it the wrong way, so whenever Hoiberg takes another one in I just smile and laugh at the people that think they could run the program better then Fred.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
This guy would fit in very well under Hoiberg and reminds me a bit of Royce.

I would love to see us in on Cameron Biedscheid, but he is Missouri's to lose.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If he seems worth the risk he'd obviously be great to get. Too bad he'd only have 1 year though. Upper classman transfer is exactly what I'm hoping for for the year after Niang, McKay, and Nader graduate.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Do Not Want. We already have this same player on our team, only better in Dustin Hogue. He can go role more doobies somewhere else. Iowa State does not need their APR to suffer just for the addition of a guy who would only eat into younger guys minutes, like Edozie and Gibson.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Do Not Want. We already have this same player on our team, only better in Dustin Hogue. He can go role more doobies somewhere else. Iowa State does not need their APR to suffer just for the addition of a guy who would only eat into younger guys minutes, like Edozie and Gibson.
Edozie and Gibson would be gone by the time he played. Plus, I would roll his doobies for him. Problems solved.

Last edited:

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
So much wrong with this. You do realize Hogue, Edozie, and Gibson would all be graduated and would never play a minute with Behanan?

Last edited:

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
So much wrong with this. You do realize Hogue, Edozie, and Gibson would never play a minute with Behanan?

So much wrong with this. Behanan would start. Nobody's keeping Hogue off the court though.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
So much wrong with this. Behanan would start. Nobody's keeping Hogue off the court though.
I meant in the same season. Hogue, Edozie, and Gibson would all be graduated by the time Behanan is eligible to play (assuming he sits out all of next year and plays 2015-2016).