Iowa State ranked 8th in new CBS 25 and one.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That is pretty surprising to see us ahead of Duke and the entire Big Ten.

Virginia might be the hardest team to objectively rank right now. Bad non conf losses, somehow only play Duke and Cuse once each...but 14-1 ACC record.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Time to avenge the WVU loss. Otherwise it will be a double whammy. Warm up, Bubu.

DFWCyclone

Jan 6, 2014
McKinney, TX
www.dfwcyclones.org
Parrish has been loving us for most of the season. He's had us consistently higher than our AP ranking since Diamondhead. I'm really not too worried about rankings at this point. It's all about winning and getting a good seed for the Dance. I'm pushing hard for the 2 seed in KC and then a 2 seed in NCAA's with a first round game in San Antonio!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Parrish has been loving us for most of the season. He's had us consistently higher than our AP ranking since Diamondhead. I'm really not too worried about rankings at this point. It's all about winning and getting a good seed for the Dance. I'm pushing hard for the 2 seed in KC and then a 2 seed in NCAA's with a first round game in San Antonio!

I think we've settled into right around 12-13. Anytime we're higher than that something happens that shows maybe not, any time we're lower than that something happens that shows maybe shouldn't be that low.

RPI is off for some teams but it's not drastically off for us having us at #11 now.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Wichita State's schedule is a joke. I think they are going to leave the tourney 2nd round. As for us, a 3 seed would be huge but the way this team plays it might hurt us because we seem to play to our competition. I honestly think we can beat anybody and we just have to take one game at a time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wichita State's schedule is a joke. I think they are going to leave the tourney 2nd round. As for us, a 3 seed would be huge but the way this team plays it might hurt us because we seem to play to our competition. I honestly think we can beat anybody and we just have to take one game at a time.

They're an undefeated team that made the Final Four a year ago, they pass the eye test and their best player looks like he'd be a standout on any blue blood team. As far as I'm concerned there are bigger potential seeding errors than giving them a 1 seed.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Oh and if we are 8th, Kansas should be higher than 7th. They are young but they seem to show up in big games now that they have a little experience. I see them going deep.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Wichita State's schedule is a joke. I think they are going to leave the tourney 2nd round.

I've been thinking the same thing about Creighton - not about their schedule, necessarily, but about getting dumped in the first round of the dance. All it would take would be an off-game for Junior and they'd be toast. Am I right?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've been thinking the same thing about Creighton - not about their schedule, necessarily, but about getting dumped in the first round of the dance. All it would take would be an off-game for Junior and they'd be toast. Am I right?

Give Creighton credit for blasting Nova twice, but it's very possible they're the only tournament teams in the conference.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Just saying that teams with only one player don't go that far. Another thing that makes ISU exceptional - the unselfish teamwork.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I think we've settled into right around 12-13. Anytime we're higher than that something happens that shows maybe not, any time we're lower than that something happens that shows maybe shouldn't be that low.

RPI is off for some teams but it's not drastically off for us having us at #11 now.

12/13 seems about right — teetering between 3 & 4 seed. I like getting that consistent placement by Parrish, but I think it's slightly high. Can't remember how much he dropped ISU after WVa game (think it was from 6th to 9th) and he's kind of locked into that area for Iowa State, because he doesn't typically demote a team after wins (unless someone below picks up major wins).

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
That does kind of seem like the sweet spot. Would imagine we'll end up in the 3-5 seed range, barring a huge collapse or a huge heater.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Hard to decide how far teams will go in the NCAA tourney when you don't even know who they're playing yet. If Nova plays a team that shoots it well in the first or second round I'll highly consider them upsetting Nova. If ISU plays a team like Arizona with what seems like an unlimited amount of big men I probably won't pick ISU.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I agree. I think this team is probably the 12th best in the country.