Iowa State opens as six point favorite over Kansas

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
We (KU) haven't won a Big 12 road game since we traveled to Ames in 2008. I'm surprised you guys aren't much bigger favorites. It's not like we're setting the world on fire this year either.

****. I forgot about this. Welp, get ready to break that streak.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Score prediction: ISU 4, KU 1. Figure that out...
ISU scores two safeties, KU doesn't score until the a touchdown at the end of the game but by that time the official score keepers are so drunk and/or disinterested in the game they pass out half way through writing the number 7 which goes down as a 1 in the record books. Iowa State victory!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We (KU) haven't won a Big 12 road game since we traveled to Ames in 2008. I'm surprised you guys aren't much bigger favorites. It's not like we're setting the world on fire this year either.

****. I forgot about this. Welp, get ready to break that streak.
In that '08 game, we got hammered too. I think it was 40s to 7 or so - and that 7 came in garbage time.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
I must be the only person on this board who (even though we are bad), doesn't think we are as bad as Kansas. We match up with them quite well, because of their inability to throw the ball.

I'll take the clones to cover the 6 point spread. ISU 30 KU 20

I'm with you. We're the skinniest fat girl in the conference.

We lose a lot of different ways, hell, sometimes we invent ways. But Kansas does the same thing and we're at home which will help a ton. Kansas is not going to go on the road anywhere and win a game in conference.

Kansas went on the road and got spanked by Rice.

Rice.

I think we cover rather easily. Wimberly will get loose all day. I'm not scared at all.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Nope, even worse. We were up 20-0 at halftime and lost 35-33. Thanks Chizik. Kansas Jayhawks vs. Iowa State Cyclones - Box Score - October 04, 2008 - ESPN

I remember that day. Revkah and I were in the Jamaican mountains at our college there. We walked down the mountain at halftime to get jerk chicken and jerk pork for lunch, just having a great time tracking the game.

We got back up the mountain, and saw that Kansas ran back the opening kickoff for a touchdown. It never got better after that.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Will the field be icy from morning freezing drizzle?

No precipitation now. Clear and very cold. Evening temps are expected to be 15 degrees with a Real Feel of -1 degrees according to Accuweather. Might want to keep the beer in the cooler to keep from freezing. No ice needed.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No precipitation now. Clear and very cold. Evening temps are expected to be 15 degrees with a Real Feel of -1 degrees according to Accuweather. Might want to keep the beer in the cooler to keep from freezing. No ice needed.

Sounds like we're going to bring the sleeping bags to this game. Haven't had to do that for a couple of years, but sometimes it's the only way to keep warm.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I wonder what Vegas is seeing that I'm not. Must be home field advantage.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think ISU could cover this spread and even, dare I say it, win in similar fashion to last season. Shut down or at least contain the run, and you've beaten Kansas. That has proven to be an uphill battle for our D this season though.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think ISU could cover this spread and even, dare I say it, win in similar fashion to last season. Shut down or at least contain the run, and you've beaten Kansas. That has proven to be an uphill battle for our D this season though.
Not even the slightest chance.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Over/under is 45.5 (and falling). Vegas is calling for a 26-20 Cyclone victory.

I think we cover the spread but get the under.