acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
The big question is whether they will take both Beverly and Brase

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Interesting target. On paper, a low major forward who has barely played over the last two years and had two major knee injuries doesn’t seem very appealing. However, he does have some solid P5 programs interested in his services. Personally, I would rather have somebody more proven or with more upside (i.e. Beverly or the Jacobson kid from Nebby) but it doesn’t look like we have a ton of options at this point.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Yeah my thoughts exactly, if Morrow were to fall out of the picture would we pick up this guy and Beverly?

Since both Brase and Beverly are both grad seniors, I think we would definitely take both. Even if we sign Morrow. Much better to take a grad transfer vs. banking a scholarship.

Ideally, we would still get a grad transfer wing scorer. But Shayok, Morrow, Brase and Beverly would still be nice spring class. As I have posted previously, I think the class mix, 2 grad/2 Juco or sit transfers is almost as important to who we get as I think the coaches feel they could sign 3 elite HS players this fall.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Since both Brase and Beverly are both grad seniors, I think we would definitely take both. Even if we sign Morrow. Much better to take a grad transfer vs. banking a scholarship.

Ideally, we would still get a grad transfer wing scorer. But Shayok, Morrow, Brase and Beverly would still be nice spring class. As I have posted previously, I think the class mix, 2 grad/2 Juco or sit transfers is almost as important to who we get as I think the coaches feel they could sign 3 elite HS players this fall.

I think we would take both too. Brase and Beverly are quite different than Lard and Young, so essentially you would have 4 players competing over 80 minutes of front court time.

That's not too crowded, especially if we don't land a wing (less small ball). Lard is a total unknown and I think it will take until mid-season for him to get into the swing of things anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Sorry to rain on the Morrow parade, he did not commit on visit, he gone....
I think we should come to terms with sitting on 1 of the 4 scholarships....

• Funny
Reactions: isutrevman