Iowa State interested in Temple transfer, Jeremiah Williams

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OK. Not sure what you're bothering with here.

Not really bothering.

WI won a lot with 'boring' basketball.

Having a perfect mix like what they found in 13/14 and 14/15 is hard to hit for non-blue bloods but that would be pretty rad too.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Could they?

1995-96 averaged 67.4 ppg, 242nd out of 305
1996-97 averaged 67.5 ppg, 210th out of 306
2021-22 averaged 65.6 ppg, 308 out of 558

This year's team was about 1 basket per game worse in scoring than either of the Willougby/Pratt/Cato teams. Not exactly earth shattering.

Yeah you apparently didn't see my edit where I laid pretty much that exact thing out.

My memory was of them scoring more than that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
As far as our name being involved with this guy, I like it. He’s athletic, a good ball handler, and can play defense. Will he want to come here and not start? Who knows, but if that’s an option he’s probably a take.

Now if we’re selling him on being “the guy”, (highly doubtful imo) then I certainly question it. I don’t think we are though. I think we’re looking at 1-2 posts, a “hybrid” athlete if you will (this guy), a dynamic scorer and a shooter.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I guess I just like the way Monte, Georges, Thomas, Burton, and Nader played and a lot more fun to watch!
I'm not sure what is more stressful: having the ability to go on a flurry that puts you up 20 while having the ability to lose a lead of the same size at any time, or having most games play out with leads or deficits ranging in single digits most of the game.

Having an 8 point lead feel like it's 20 is pretty fun too, and winning is the most fun, regardless.

Reactions: Statefan10

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The sweet 16 team took a tech like beating in the big 12 semis to Kansas

They lost to NEBRASKA in Hilton in late February.

Can you imagine CF if it were a thing back then? 'Bench Willoughby! Why is Pratt even playing? Whar Cato body language!?'

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
They lost to NEBRASKA in Hilton in late February.

Can you imagine CF if it were a thing back then? 'Bench Willoughby! Why is Pratt even playing? Whar Cato body language!?'

That NEBRASKA team with Lue and Moore were not bad. Beat a 11th ranked ISU team in Lincoln by 10 earlier. I still remember their OT game at Lawrence in which NU lost in OT to KU. Disappointing, but not quite like this team at 7-9 losing on senior night to a 6-10 Ok St team with nothing to play for, or blowing the KSU home game imo.

As for getting stomped by KU in the second round of the Big 12, that KU team was supposed to be a generational type #1 team. Pierce, LaFrentz, Pollard, Vaughn, Haase, Robertson. Loved seeing them lose to Arizona in the tournament.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yeaaaaaah, but those teams could score. Sure, they played defense but they averaged around 70 points a game

And Floyd's mantra was make more free throws than your opponent attempts. That helps compensate for bad shooting games. This year's team could've used some of that.

If ISU can get back to that, I'm all for it.

Edit: Just looked at the numbers, and this year's team averaged just over 65 points. Floyd's last 2 teams averaged just over 67 points. So really not that far off. They were just more consistent with their scoring. His last team only scored in the 40s twice, once in the regular season and once in the conference tournament.
The defense played in the Floyd era Big 12 was not the same as the defense that was played in this year's Big 12.

ohly2311

Jan 7, 2014
He's picking ISU tomorrow.......will be a very good pick up if he follows through and picks the Cyclones......can shoot, drive, pass, and is a very good defensive player (led team in steals as a freshman) who can guard the 1,2, and 3.....great job by the staff

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
He's picking ISU tomorrow.......will be a very good pick up if he follows through and picks the Cyclones......can shoot, drive, pass, and is a very good defensive player (led team in steals as a freshman) who can guard the 1,2, and 3.....great job by the staff
I hope you’re correct. It would be an excellent start

Losing IB’s size in the backcourt, we need a guy like this to maintain the defense. If he can play pg in the AAC, he can help our offense too.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

TJ/staff have 100% earned the benefit of the doubt, but there are a few seasons of evidence that suggest otherwise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron